How'd it go today?

Looking on-line at a 10m Nifty-lift mounted on an Isuzu...comes with a 6" chipper. 1998 Truck has 170,000kms (our 3.5yr old pickup has 115k already) both have all new tyres.
Lift is in survey, truck and chipper are registered till April...$39,000 AUD for both or $29,000 for the truck/lift and $15,000 for the chipper...all only an hr. and a half drive away

Oh don't I wish...
Might just arrange to go see it, I could drool a bit

Wet and windy today, so took advantage of my birthday present, Sky Sports package to watch England versus South Africa at cricket in high definition, and then football. All sharpening/maintenance done yesterday.
Wife is beginning to regret it.

Oh, noooooooooooooooooo!

Good eye Justin!

Scrap aint worth hauling up here. Thats fine by me. Keeps the scrap vultures out of my iron pile. Lotsa good stuff went to the scrap heap to help the Chinese build that 100 foot plus tall statue of Chairman Mao. Hope a bird shits on it.

Had a cold day on the ole Ponderossa today. Driving 7 inch posts trough two and a half feet of frost fixing corrals.

First thing I did today was bash my hired man in the nose with a frozen down piece of wind break board. Bled like hell but did not break. Good thing he is easy going.

No, that is not the Christmas bike. Something that was in need of repair given to the kids that keeps finding its way into the creek or driveway.. had to go
My nearest scrap yard that pays money is over an hour away and 3000 feet below my home. Won't even pay for the expense to go. Dump takes it for free

Jim, do you honestly mean your ground is frozen 2.5' down? And you can drive posts thru that? Cmon man, we didn't just get off the banana boat;)

Yep, thats what I'm telling you. I had one that would not go, I am going to have to try again in the spring. I dont mind leaving a tall post in the corrals. I call them my Meadowlark posts. Every morning in the spring a meadowlark will sit on a tall post and sing me a song. I always thank them.

I was supprised to have frost that far down already, but you can tell when you get past the frost level when driving posts. They never got past it!

I do sharpen them most expertly with my trusty Stihl chainsaw!

Couple of jobs from working in Brooklyn with arborpolitan, who are pretty new but a great crew. They need my help nowadays for climbing and harder jobs. Amazing scenery of NYC and bk, so much character everywhere you look. I love it!
31d2f38e817387bb22da05954666e0ac.jpg
this is my ride nowadays
5c34bf1e3fadcba016129ad81c43ecff.jpg
pruning IVY! Reducing by 3 feet and trimming the face... The panoramic pic doesnt show the view of Manhattan very well...
7da187fd87e546b772ee750d1bd8772d.jpg
40aa8d1d31c2a4f4331bccefa4799c2d.jpg
f6d7fdaafe418641eb1d9166b98cce44.jpg
near the office.
d9370c44b69d9c1e0bef09360d58790d.jpg
doing a lil pruning in a community garden
b8eb2c608de837dd3e06dc16399c9524.jpg
everything is very tight on the street, need small equipment!
Have another 3 days with them week after next and then more to come. Fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't mean to chime in outta line, but I haven't had time to catch up on this post. But, thought I'd do my every now and again "How'd it go today" for me update. Removed a big sliver maple with tons of overhead utilities by myself. It was very cold. And very lonely! Haha. Sucked extra bad cause I broke my pointer finger yesterday working on a wood stove install at home. Had sawzall catch a nail while I was cuttin shit in the attic and slammed my hand into the roof in between the saw and roof. Bummer!
Just for good measure, and to make sure the day was consistent, had to install new hot water heater when I got home. Yay! Haha.

Oh well. Lots to be thankful for too. Hope ya'll are well.

Can't imagine working in those type of close quarters mistahbenn. I don't typically like cities too much but always had some desire to go to NYC. Would be like being on mars to me. Cool stuff!

Back