How'd it go today?

They did it to let their dogs into the areas, to flush corn fed pheasants.
Could have just walked around the fence and found the entrance, but that was too complicated for those masters of the universe.

Cory, I f...... HATE Danish hunters. There are 176000 of them in a country the size of Rhode Island ( More or less!) You pay a lease to hunt an area, and with so many hunters competing for theland, prices have gone overboard. Forest with a good deer population leases out for about $80 an acre. Farmland for about $ 50-60.

So they get together in groups and lease a forest or a piece of land for a monstrous price, then feel that because they pay so much, it makes them kings of the land.

I've had so many controversies with them while working in the woods and they ALWAYS start out by telling me: " We pay xxxx$ a year to hunt here".

Sorry for the rant, but it is really one of the least attractive things about being a logger here.

Some of the hopeful youngsters who write us, asking for an apprentice ship will tell how they love nature and are passionate hunters, not knowing that it is an automatical disqualification to working with me.

Don't think I've ever had one of those.

Don't forget I won't hire redheads or people who enjoy listening to early Santana records, either.

Over here someone would sue you for unfair hiring practices.

There was a meat packer that hired a bunch of Somalis. They would not cut pork, obviously, but needed a break every hour to pray. They got away with it for a while but got fired. A lawsuit is coming.

Thing that is funny to me is that the plant hired 600! of them. For 15 bucks!

I guess the 15 dollar minimum wage folks were not interested in those jobs. How does that look? The "work force" cant compete with a bunch of Somalis, that cant speak the language even.

They don't pray every hour.
Quoran states 5 times a day.

Jim, I think I have mentioned this before, I can refuse to hire just anybody for any reason as long as I don't tell them the reason.

I broke that rule this fall, when we were going through 6 candidates before we found an apprentice. ( Who BTW is finding out that, yes, he was lucky to be among the 20% that found a job, but he will be pressed SO much harder than he expected. Before X-mas I sent him a list of knots to learn. Since he didn't learn them well enough during the holidays, we now yell at him every time he fumbles. And I mean: Yell!!!!)

This young woman had sent me a resume that basically showed her as a well trained sports girl ( I hate sports, but like well trained)
I picked her up at the train station and she had a cigarette in her hand.
So I told her out right that we don't hire smokers, but that she was welcome to stay the week for a tryout anyway( Doesn't cost us anything).
She decided to stay and after a week admitted that she didn't have the physical stamina for the job.

Eventually I'll find a tough girl and turn her into a Fiona type.
That is sort of my dream. Send her up to the forestry school and have her show all the guys how it's done ( Which is what our apprentices always do)

When they aren't too busy shooting up, that is.

Awww Stig :)

Be fun to come hang out with you chaps for a month...well maybe a week...wonder if I could handle a day??

Awww Stig :)

Be fun to come hang out with you chaps for a month...well maybe a week...wonder if I could handle a day??

:lol:

Go figure, I didn't win either?!?!?

I wonder how many Housers bought in??

That would be hilarious if a THer won and for the hell of it gave all his buddies here, idk, maybe 10g's:thumbup:8)

Ha, no winner, next jackpot will be 1.3 billion. Ya know all the same ol things people say they will do with the money, one lady had it right about that huge jackpot, "I would take a trip to the moon!"

The odds of winning are about the same as flipping a coin and getting Heads 28 times in a row:/:

Back