How'd it go today?

It was Lilly's birthday to day I took the day off due to rain and her birthday.
Of course a dead pine that was over a house that I had warned the guy about 2 years ago fell over his roof and was hung in the oak next to the house. Made a couple c notes quick while the weather broke. The tree gods provide. ;)

I used to get a kick out of people that would ask me about dead trees. All trees once dead are only heading one direction eventually......down! Dumbasses.

Lol. It's the same line id use when people would ask me what direction the tree was going to go on a removal. I'd tell them I'd guarantee it was going one direction only........down!

Driving the SES truck in the Christmas parade tomorrow...not a lot of tree work going on this close to Christmas as well as too many people crashing their cars and high fire danger keeping us on standby. Good thing I have the bills paid up to date...

Somebody gave me one of these yesterday at a job. A favoured climbing saw around here. He said that he couldn't get it to start and the saw shop told him that they couldn't fix it, so he had purchased a new one. I took it back to my shop and just for the heck of it tried to see if i could get it to burp. It started on the fourth pull and ran fine. Today I used it all morning today without a hitch. I already have one but this one seems healthier. I don't really know what to think, other than after cleaning it up it looks happy on my shelf. :) Zenoah makes good stuff.

Attachments

• ryomasakamoto69-img600x450-1449032965nhlfb76677.jpg
    ryomasakamoto69-img600x450-1449032965nhlfb76677.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 55
Thanks, it certainly looks promising to begin with. I've wrenched on a number of them, minor stuff, and i consider it a well made saw. For some reason the high speed adjustment you need to run a little on the rich side, the only peculiarity that I have found.

Got power officially hooked up to the house today. Got the service panel mounted last week, underground service line buried Monday, said lines hooked up properly yesterday, and meter set today. If they set a second meter, there is a second bill incurred, so I told them to pull the meter from the temp pole and move it to the house panel. I wanted them to cut the temp service drop down (they'd already agreed to leave it for me), and I was going to run it back to the temp pole so the camper would still have power, as they will likely be in it a couple more nights. He said he'd send someone to cut the line down next week, but I needed it NOW. So...I grabbed my saddle, an OLD pair of hooks, due to the mud around the pole, and some bolt cutters. The hooks were a pair a customer gave me a while back, with OLD leather straps. I thought as I put them in the truck, "I hope these straps hold up...." I discovered that the pads were on backwards as I put the first one on. Cinched on first top strap...all good. Cinched bottom strap...SNAP. Cinched second top...all good. Second bottom...SNAP. I was determined to get it done, so I grabbed some electrical tape and taped them lower shanks to my legs. I knew it would be interesting, but proceeded to find out just HOW interesting it could be to climb a pole...with hooks taped on....in the rain...to cut down a hot service line. Needless to say, I won't EVER do it again....BUT IT'S DONE....:/:

Proceeded to get wire to pump transferred to the house panel, and get water run to the house. And got a ceramic light fixture wired up in the master bedroom so they can see to finish painting. Then the ceiling fan will go up. It's coming together, slowly but surely.

:thumbup:

Some saw cleaning today, few customers at the shop. Installed another guard and added more to the belt guard. Gonna figure out a belt tensioner and more belt guards over the holidays. Want something sleek and easy to remove for field servicing.

IMG_20151223_160357.jpg

If you are going to adjust the belt by checking the deflection, incorporate that into the design. A hole in the top of the shield, with a flexible covering, cough duct tape cough. 5 cent fix.

Seems like you need an adustable double sheave idler pulley mounted to adjust perpendicular to the belt length or slots for the engine to move, no?

I had doubts about building your own. I am impressed.

Ooops... I messered it up. Owe Mike a new saw. Popped a hinge and the tree went the road..... Damn it! :(

Attachments

• tmp_2957-received_861016057350667-788216166.jpeg
    tmp_2957-received_861016057350667-788216166.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 42
Aw hell!!! All busted up but the way the dirt is ground into the grille says a lot about the force and violence.

Back