How'd it go today?

Thats great!

One of my favorite training's was helicopter crewmember. That was three days and I was addicted!

Three things to remember, EVERYONE gets a safety briefing before getting on, even the bloody President, a carelessly thrown 10 dollar file can cause a million dollars worth of damage, and the fire extinguisher is NOT to be used on the helicopter in case of a crash. Use it on each other.

You look good as a rotor head!

No WAY Fi!! Nice pic.

Sam: You put up some really, really beautiful stuff, man. Thanks for the time it takes. I miss that country.

Sean: Good job.

Rich: How does that 661 run? Stig seems to like his, but you know how those Commies are... :/:

I'm jealous Fiona.
Jed, I will take it over the ms 660 any day. The power in the cut is great. I'm running a 32" bar. I've yet to try a skip tooth but the normal chisel chain doesn't bog it down much fully buried. I still prefer my 046 when on Spurs but who wouldn't. It's still a lot of saw while climbing.

Worked in the rain all day. A small oak and a decent sized silver maple to remove at a lakefront home again. The rope man did great. Only one minor bump to the boat dock but I screwed up the cut so the piece didn't come off smoothly and rolled into the spar instead of swinging out and away. The two ground pounders on the other hand, were still on weekend mode. I had to explain to them that no one enjoys working in the rain and that whining and crying would not make it any better.

Job completed, well done. You are a better man than me, I haven't climbed in the rain in ages.

Rich: How does that 661 run? Stig seems to like his, but you know how those Commies are... :/:

The frigging commie just bought another 661 today.
The apprentice blew the 660 up in a felling cut. My fault, really, as I had been wondering why it ran at so high RPMs. I just thought he wasn't letting it cut the way it is supposed to, like maybe holding back a bit, but it was probably an air leak.
Sure went with a bang, not a whisper.
It was 6 years old, and relegated to apprentice saw, so no big deal.

Jed, if you gave e a choice between having my old 064 back and a new 661, I'd pick the 661.

It's been snowing a bunch here over the last week which is great for me to finally turn a buck or two plowing. The forecasting seems worse than ever though and that makes it a little stressful.

Great pic Fi.
Picked this up,for a song today. Runs strong & needs a little tlc
I think I will treat it to a bigger bar next year & a skip chain :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 47
Awesome pics Burnham. I think a 60" would be a little overkill for my work though ;)

Full wrap does sound like a good idea though - might have to trawl eBay8)

A 60 inch bar is a double handful, no matter how you look at it, and overkill for the vast majority of tree work out there. That 084 far more often ran with a Stihl 41 inch bar and chain. And a truly powerful saw it was, outfitted thusly.

I wouldn't even think about trying to wield that powerhead without the full wrap, but perhaps that's just because of the way I was trained...anything bigger than my 361, I have 3/4 or full wraps on. Wouldn't quite know how to handle a larger saw without.

Back