How'd it go today?

I always wake around 4am then just spend the next two hours drifting in and out of a half sleep, torturing myself about my problems, real or imagined.

:lol:

Al, 6.5 hrs of sleep every nite?? Not enough for me, anyway.
Ha, cool pic, I haven't seen a Partner saw in ages.

That's the McCulloch version of a Partner P-100 ,Mac PM 1000 circa mid 70's I suppose .

I just got around to reworking it .Cuts okay but needs a super tune .I'll get to it eventually .

The wife, daughter, and grand daughter have been cooking all day. The whole house smells amazing.

Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow my friends.

You forgot wealthy.

Keeps a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

;)

All tree-guys forget wealthy. It's like: if you are a tree-guy, and you want to be wealthy... "Forget about it." (Brooklyn accent)

Reg: Man, that's a ton of work in one day.

Al: What I like about you, is you'll have, like, five incredible saws just lying in wait to cut one tree up. :rockon: Nice drop, sir. Great pics.

Dave: Whether you go to the docs or not... Get well soon. Probably just sort itself out.

Some kinda fun stem to stem, back-yard, tip-tying today...

unnamed-377.jpg unnamed-376.jpg unnamed-374.jpg

I only had three saws out today .A little 024 for some limbing, the Mac 1000 just to test out and the souped 038 Mag to do most of the work .

Al that mac sure resembles the 2100. I was going to comment that I'd never seen a yellow one, any knowledge if they are close or share the same designer?

Broke down and drove myself into the hospital...wasn't sure I'd make it there but did...4 1/2 hours and a bunch of testing later I'm back home...they couldn't find anything. Not sure what to think about that except I think I have a pain in the wallet now too...

I'm going to be away for little over a week starting tomorrow. I'm taking my family into the U. S. for a holiday.
I bought $100 of U.S. 5 dollar bills today to be used as tip money while on holidays. That $100 cost me $130:O
I booked and paid for this holiday last spring when both countries $ was almost even par...if I hadn't done that then ,this holiday would be cancelled.

Al that mac sure resembles the 2100. I was going to comment that I'd never seen a yellow one, any knowledge if they are close or share the same designer?
It's the same bore and stroke of a 2100 .The oiler is different plus it has a Q port exhaust .It uses a "rattle ball " governor in the carb same as 2100 CD which I defeated .

It should theoretically run about like a 2100 but so far it lacks a little --I'll fix it ---

On that exchange rate ,in 1977 I worked about 4 months on Sarnia Ont. The rate fluctuated about 8-10 percent .It became so complicated at income tax time I spent over 200 bucks just to get my taxes done .

Much to my surprise I had paid too much on social insurance and not only did I get a refund but also interest on the money .

Glad they didn't find anything Dave, hope it doesn't happen again.

Work days I could sleep till midday, days with no work 4.30am wide awake. Always been like that.

Had a good job yesterday, branch over the house and some trimming. Bit hot though, too windy and hot this morning so just did some stuff here. Now it's cool and windy. Good job tomorrow lined up, if I can drag myself out of bed.

Broke down and drove myself into the hospital...wasn't sure I'd make it there but did...4 1/2 hours and a bunch of testing later I'm back home...they couldn't find anything. Not sure what to think about that except I think I have a pain in the wallet now too...

Well dang, but glad you got checked out.

Just a suggestion, but maybe pick up some otc Zyrtec and see if it is sinus pressure related. If you do, try the straight Z first not the Z-D.

This time of year really gets my equilibrium messed up it I don't take a Zyrtec a day to deal with all the pressure changes.

Was good talking to you the other day, glad you called. :)

It looks like I have some vermin in the house. I've been finding hickory nuts all over the place, including in my boot. I can't figure out how they are getting in. If they are coming in through the attic, then they have to come out a closet door, but there isn't room to get the nut under the door. (I checked, using one of the nuts as a gauge).:lol: I'll have to check the fireplace next. I didn't see any disturbance of the insulation, but it makes more sense than a squirrel that can work a doorknob.:/:

Thanks for the well wishes & such all.

Wally, it was great talking too you too, and thanks for the shackle info you passed along. I am suspecting some type of sinus problem, but don't feel one, if that makes any sense.

That time of year Dave...just found a bunch of dog food in a drawer of an end table in my living room...how they got it there is anyone's guess, and the strange thing is it is from the last bag of food (different brand) that ran out 3 weeks ago. I've been in that drawer fairly regularly, so it had to have been moved from another "storage area" very recently.

Very odd Fid.

Perfect day really, knocked off two easy jobs, good money on both, got rid of the chip and logs locally. Early finish, tea on the sofa, fires lit, client's cheques on the fridge. Dog asleep. Just time for a doze before the wife comes back from work.
She'll be bitchin' as usual so force feed her a glass of wine and wait a minute, then.....relax.

Dave...you described dizziness...there are different flavors of dizziness. I have had this before...could not stand pat first:

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common causes of vertigo — the sudden sensation that you're spinning or that the inside of your head is spinning.

It is cause by "ear crystals" in the inner ear becoming dislodged. The are some positioning maneuvers that can help if bppv is the problem. Vertigo sucks...especially for a climber.

+1 on the BPPV being the culprit.

I've known quite a few treemen who've suffered through it. Some who've overcome it via a prescribed drug, others from getting their ears douched out by a doctor.

Jomo

I feel kinda bad now, suggesting that you go to the doctor. Sounds like an ordeal. I am glad that you got checked out though.

I guess I am a little jumpy after that stroke patient I transported, he is not expected to make it. I dont know what I would do if something like that happened to one of youse guys.

Butch, I'm scheduled for a full checkup in Feb. and not to easy getting a quick appointment with my regular Dr.

The "dizziness" is a feeling that I'm going to pass out (not loss of balance)...also having ringing in ears (new to me), headache, and a lack of strength (like after one has had the flu and feels very weak)...all of these things have been coming and going independently for the past couple days...With my history of blood clot, and how I felt last night, I thought it prudent go to ER and get checked out. I came close to pulling over and calling emergency on the way there...kept thinking I might lose consciousness.

They found nothing, and discharged me with instructions to not do anything where I might get hurt if I got lightheaded...:lol: I drove myself in and they let me drive myself home:|:...I am a little better today so far...just headache and ringing in ears, and feeling more like it might be a sinus thing or cold...weird.

Back