How'd it go today?

My brother took it over Butch.

The spar is on the ground,47 feet .Some damage but I got a 12 and two 10 footers out of it and some firewood .I haven't loaded the pics yet .Approx 125 years old ,3 feet on the stump .Made a thump .

Drove down to see Nic (timbertramp) this am and drop off a few things. Got dizzy driving back home and stopped twice at road stops to walk around a bit, then a third time to lay down in the truck seat for a few minutes. Still not 100% but felt good enough after laying down to make it the rest of the way home anyway...Just taking it easy the rest of the day.

Don't know...just happened while I was driving...thought I might pass out or something so pulled over when I had a chance.

Yesterday was a long one. Had to catch the 5:20 am ferry to one if the gulf islands here, and returning at 5:20 pm. Probably I didn't get home until 7.

The main part of the job was a dying, leaning Madrone over a house. 3 other companies had looked at it previous but wouldn't do it without a bucket. I can see why climbers don't like those extreme leaners....especially with no remote tie in available. But, Madrones are really strong nonetheless.....once had the end weight rigged off it was in the bag. Took 2 hours to get it down and chipped. Couple not so clear pics from Darrell phone.
IMG_20151123_083408713_HDR.jpg IMG_20151123_090257308.jpg

Does not look a comfortable climb Reg.

I think leaning trees like that are often a head game. I have seen madrones in the NorCal. How do the behave when cut - for some reasone I think they would behave like beech

Does not look a comfortable climb Reg.

I think leaning trees like that are often a head game. I have seen madrones in the NorCal. How do the behave when cut - for some reasone I think they would behave like beech

Thats a good way to put it....a head game. Those other guys just over-thought the whole thing I suspect. Its a bit like beech and euc....probably more the latter. Super strong and heavy though.

Will do Butch, thanks:beerchug:

Good to see some pics, Reg. Figured you might be busy from some of the same wind we had recently.

I can see a lot of spur-and-lanyard-only climbers not liking that tree, as well as many others.

Dave. What the...!!!! man! You aright!?

Reg: Those Pro-panel roofs are bombproof. Shoulda just dumped it on the roof and then winched it off. :lol:

Really, really well done... a daunting job. Madrona's no joke. Especially when it's wet.

Craziest wether around here. Snow in the mts, but light rain down here. We NEVER get sunsets around here in the winter...

unnamed-370.jpg

Easiest day just tidying up a lady's property from yesterday's Cottonwood removal, and doing some view pruning. Man, I love tree work sometimes... (Sorry for the double-post.) unnamed-368.jpg

Could be heart too, Dave, irregular heart beat can reduce the amount of blood going to your brain, makes for dizzy or feeling like you might pass out. Not as serious as it sounds, unless it goes on for too long and a stroke can result because the heart rights itself and sends a big shot of blood upstairs. It's not an uncommon malady, I have it from time to time for some unknown reason, and will pop a pill. If it happens again, definitely get checked out will ya. There can be long lapses between the times when the condition appears. Dizzy really sucks.

Had a really good day, captain Dave came and seen me at the job, everybody on the crew was even wearing their ppe, after I duct taped one guys hard hat and glasses on his head they've really taken it more seriously lol. Then the crane broke a weld so had to shut it down so I was able to put on my gear and do some climbing. I sure wish I got to do that more often

Dave, get it checked before another time happens.

Maybe try to make notes about it, as specific as possible before the memory fades/ mis-remembers. The details are important.

It's happened from time to time before. I usually just keep the phone close and recline for a bit.

The taking note sounds like a good idea I might do though, I'd think it might help the doc figure what it is... if it was something that went as far as letting them get their hands on me to practice.

Good to see you today Nic. I liked the "pad cage" on the trailer...nice set-up I thought.

Drove down to see Nic (timbertramp) this am and drop off a few things. Got dizzy driving back home and stopped twice at road stops to walk around a bit, then a third time to lay down in the truck seat for a few minutes. Still not 100% but felt good enough after laying down to make it the rest of the way home anyway...Just taking it easy the rest of the day.

Similar used to happen to me a lot at one point. No warning or I regular heartbeat or anything....just boom, out of the blue room spinning. I used to try and yawn, which would help for some odd reason. Maybe get your ears checked out and syringed. I wouldn't worry too much if there's no other simptoms, but that's just me.

Either way get it checked out.
We are doing some roadside cut back work, talk about boring, oh well it makes the plow guys happy.

Don't know...just happened while I was driving...thought I might pass out or something so pulled over when I had a chance.
I'm not a doctor but I had a similar reaction from atenolol,a bp medication .That I might add without going into too much info was only one of the side affects listed with that medicine .Sometimes or so it seems with the practice of medicine to need to act as your own advocate .

O-dark thirty in the heart land .Waiting for the sun rise

One more log to move from the big ash tree and some brush to the slash pile .Some shopping for the Thanksgiving meal .Lots to do today .

Heh. You're up a little early for work aren't you?

I've been chasing snowflakes and spreading sand/salt on the world. Up early too getting my fire roasting before I leave. Minus 12 Celsius here this morning. Thank goodness I've got my shop or I wouldn't be looking forward to hopping in the plow truck this morning.

Back