How'd it go today?

Fruit with blemishes! That will never fly! :lol: Here it all must be pristine perfect. Farmers don't sleep well.

Cool pouch for tools.

NICE!

Little girl had ballet this morning, dropped her off at her mom's parent's place so that we could go Christmas shopping and get some lunch WO kids. Had a paying stump grind to do, about a 24inch root flare on a maple 12inches above ground. Chewed it out in about 1/2 hour with some mechanical problems to repair during. Have a few little issues to work out, nothing big. Belt guard, longer handles and easier handle adjusting locks worked really well. Need better locking nuts on the cutter head bearings, some bushings on the shaft to keep alignment is next. Waiting on a dealer to come up with an air filter for the engine, have a feeling I'll have to fab something.

Went to pick up the little girl from her grandparents and chewed up a few cherry, cedar, oak, maple and walnut stumps about the 6 to 16inch range. tore through those no problems, left about a dozen holes for them to fill. I'm hoping to market the stump grinding that way, have HO do the landscaping, not too many people can/willing to pay for that end, they just want the stump gone.

Just got back from an emergent ambulance run. The kind where the folks in the back are asking you to drive much faster.

Lights and sirens through the big town. People were pretty good tonight at intersections.

Quite a rush, my hands are still shaking a bit!

Medical Gary. His CT looked terrible, major vein or artery burst in the brain.

Not much they could do in the back except for hook the PT up to the monitor, administer O2, and tell me to drive faster.

The nurse/paramedic said if the PT had been given a clot buster drug it would have been deadly.

I normally do not roll quickly through intersections, fire or ambulance, but I guess tonight was different. I had good control of the intersections though.

FFZ- I am part of the RFS and an assistant joey scout leader. I do a bit of construction and arborist work but not too much so I do not get to post too many tree work pics so I do feel for you.

We had a bit of a fast weather change.
+10 celcius yesterday morning, then during the day it dropped and this morning we woke up to early winter.
Lots of broken trees, including some of my fruit trees, so I have already got the first calls for help tomorrow.

Meanwhile, dogs and horses had a fine day and my new Hoffmann's Winter caulks arrived just in time:)

P1030709.JPG P1030682.JPG P1030690.JPG P1030692.JPG P1030762.JPG P1030771.JPG P1030798.JPG

I always wanted a snow like that, though I might weary of it quickly. We get just enough to make life miserable, as it thaws and turns everything to mush.

This is wet, dense snow, not nice at all except if you're a dog ( They like all kinds)
That is why so many trees broke. This stuff is heavy!

Man Stig, beautiful setting. I wish I still had horses. . .

sistern.jpg

sisern1.jpg

This old cistern used to supply a small community. I'm told in the 45 years it was in regular use, they never had any problems with their water pressure or supply. Hunting relics today. . .

Back