How'd it go today?

20130723-bacon-weave-food-lab-burger-step-by-step-25.jpg

True, even the watery pink antibiotic filled mass produced stuff churned out by the tonne is strangely irresistible when grilled till crispy and slapped between two slices of bread. Not a patch on the real thing though, and I find the welfare issues hard to stomach.

We are having massive problems with penicillin resistant bacteria being transfered from pigs to humans here.
They develop in pigs because antibiotics are routinely added to their feed in order to boost growth.
There are more and more cases where people get a staph infection and simply can't get rid of it again, except by dying.
Pretty much the way it was in pre-penicillin time.

It has gotten to the point where sick swine farmers who go to hospitals are treated like lepers.
No one wants to take the chance of being infected from them.
There was an article in my paper last week about how even their kids are pointedly not invited to birthday parties etc.

Their obscene methods of raising livestock finally seem to have caught up with them.

Think of that next time you shop for Danish bacon.

Everything about the Danish pig industry turns my stomach to be honest, although its not just the Danes they do seem to be among the worst offenders.

Home, waiting for stump teeth to get sharpened.

Got lawn mowed, clothes laundered, did some shopping...going to take a couple days off here and head back on Th after I regain a bit of sanity and meet for pre-trial conference.

over 1300 on this 1k stump job so far and probably a good couple hundred to go yet...it's starting to get old...

Everything about the Danish pig industry turns my stomach to be honest, although its not just the Danes they do seem to be among the worst offenders.

In my electric motor business I serviced about 4 pig farms in my area, two were Lobezzoo's, Botsma's, and one I can't even begin to spell but it ended with a 'meister' of some sort. Great products, well kept pigs, always gave me bacon and ham. Government over burdened them with regulations and they called it quits. Farmers wanted to raise the livestock in traditional methods, government wanted pigs to be packed in drugged up and cheaper.

Now bacon is $7.99 for 750g.... when it used to be $2.99 1Kg just 3 years ago.

And...make way for another commercial building in our little neighborhood. The tire place is clearing the property next to them and expanding again. It's a shame if they do in the house...really nice cozy little place...miss my friends who used to live there, they've both passed away.

so now we are down to Four...

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m12!1m3!1d853.4843537172059!2d-85.82192754756376!3d43.03772054248304!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!5e1!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1431968375628" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"></iframe>

Yesterdays job went well, needed everything I took. We got the two that had to be climbed down pretty quick, then dropped two dead pines and I went back this morning and dropped the last one. Got paid.:D

Cut up and leave sure is a lot easier than dragging and chipping.

Came home and had to cut and split a pile of firewood I conveniently dumped in front of my grinder last week. Stump job tomorrow, so back to boring again. But she's a very nice looking lady.

Back