How'd it go today?

Worked on the house again yesterday. Got the rest of the front decked, and most of the front sheathing hung.

Meanwhile, my wife took some pics of Calvin outside, playing with the camera I bought her for Christmas....

After a week of stress....a sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy ....I decided to celebrate. Simul climbed 2000' with partner then hauled ass to cook out and ate like there was no tomorrow . Biopsy come back this week. Doc said undercarriage looked good, with most likely a strained o ring. One polyp removed.....getting old is a blast!

Best wishes for a clean biopsy! Cut down, ground out, top dressed, and burned two trees in my yard, an ash and Austrian pine.

What was your celebration climb? Glad there is something to celebrate!

A scary, stressful wait, I'm sure.

If you don't have your health...

5a28aedb761ff40983c9cc3df78de207.jpg
219d4f4cc03c6897f40fbb7d197cdd1a.jpg
5c68607dad0902e5f09a5ec603c7c8fe.jpg
464d2bba3dd357c8232c72824bd974e2.jpg
83f20c3d6aed4a1a32ac9c648b45fc09.jpg
7572c0d999b1d4fed65555b833d4ade6.jpg
32df51f940fe6f3b9d337974073a8b31.jpg
ed49ead2936c6bc3b499b59e58a11a92.jpg
874ddf2431ec8fdb29b19a7521b66b37.jpg
couple of recent jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two climbers climbing simultaneously, one on the top end of the rope, one on the bottom, clipped into some, often few, anchor points between. Often people will use a shorter length rope for less weight on the leader, and less drag.

If the leader falls, the follower effects a basically standard "catch", but the follower must not fall, as this will pull the leader of, and possibly right into the last anchor point,
HARD. This dictate that a stronger climber may climb as the follower. Sometimes, a " one-way" device is put on the rope, keeping the follower from being able to pull off the leader, in the event of a slip.

I've only simul-climbed a little. Parts of Royal Arches in Yosemite are 5.6 (easy) and under. Speeds things up a lot.

image.jpg Nice drop on that log.....looked consequential !

Climb the mummy, daddy, good heavens, prow in the amphitheater in linville gorge

We simul on a 30 meter 8.3, doubled. Climbing 50' apart for ease in communication and no drag. Leader racks up and leads entire climb to top without stopping. 400'-500'. As close to un roped soloing as I want to get.

All easy routes well within our ability

All but one route were on this buttress. Down climbed notch on left each time.

Wicked. I've seen few pictures of Linville Gorge, never been.

Looking Glass is the only place in NC that I've climbed. Went over Halloween weekend around 2000 and 2001. Eastern hardwood are beautiful that time of the year.

Wicked. I've seen few pictures of Linville Gorge, never been.

Looking Glass is the only place in NC that I've climbed. Went over Halloween weekend around 2000 and 2001. Eastern hardwood are beautiful that time of the year.

You come here ill take you. Any houses for that matter.........don't be hoping for simul though.......gotta KNOW my partner skill set.......but we can do 80 meter pitches......fun too

Drained the water out of my mother's rototiller and put some fresh gas in. Five pups and it started and idled, revved up ran great. Not bad for sitting uncovered for the last couple of years. That Kohler engine has been fantastic.

Ran out of supplies up on the job so came home today. I'll go back up again in about a week.

PO said there was ~1000 stumps and I've managed to grind 1500 so far. Looks to be another 70-100 to go to finish up. :|:

Wrecked two blue spruce and removed a large storm damage limb from a big silver maple. Every time I came down from a tree a bunch of neighbors would show up asking for cards. Got one already confirmed for tomorrow. Probably my best day climbing I've ever had, hopefully I stay this comfortable up there. But I sure missed having a mini on the job when it came to clean up.

That's a lot of stumps!
I had an easy day no climbing, chipper ran all of ten minutes just pole saw, pole pruner, hand saw, Felcos, and ARS extendo reach hand pruners.

Dang, Stephen...looks like a lot of work waiting for you. Panning the camera showed a lot of dying trees.

You are getting a lot of practice throwing tops...some good sized ones there. Good work.

Back