How'd it go today?

Ha, have fun. I had to rip apart my wire harness when i had one to find a dead end in a factory splice. Sounds like youll have to do the same to get hydro cooler working again. My was about 8-12" from the starter switch, under the black plate. Hydro hoses collapsing, really? They guy who bought my old new one has hydro leaks too!

Text me if you want a pic. I still have one.

I'll look up by the switch.

Hose from tank to pump, low pressure, is collapsing. U-shaped hose from valve body or the like to the cooler has been leaking. I need to get out my parts list from Carl and get him those hose part numbers.

The adjustable tracks on this machine help me sooo much, a huge selling point. I didn't expect so much trouble from a new machine, though Customer Service support from Carl/ Dave is right on. Wish the factory could do this a bit better.

The new hydro pump shield (warranty), is vibrating loose again. Two bolt design is poor. Will end up taking it off, maybe, after trying some light duty lock-tite. Carl tells me everyone takes them off over time. If I wore cotton, no big deal. My only concern about the hot pump is melting synthetic pants to my/ employee leg. I haven't actually felt how hot it gets.

A machine is just a machine made by human hands. Look at all the car recalls that happen.

Dismantling large ash, English clients, kettle must have been broken as no tea was forthcoming. Very bad form

What is us with people. At the least, you should offer water. When someone works at my house, I always offer a hot drink, maybe lunch, at least a snack. And aren't English folks already making a cup throughout the day for themselves?

I'll look up by the switch.

Hose from tank to pump, low pressure, is collapsing. U-shaped hose from valve body or the like to the cooler has been leaking. I need to get out my parts list from Carl and get him those hose part numbers.

The adjustable tracks on this machine help me sooo much, a huge selling point. I didn't expect so much trouble from a new machine, though Customer Service support from Carl/ Dave is right on. Wish the factory could do this a bit better.

The new hydro pump shield (warranty), is vibrating loose again. Two bolt design is poor. Will end up taking it off, maybe, after trying some light duty lock-tite. Carl tells me everyone takes them off over time. If I wore cotton, no big deal. My only concern about the hot pump is melting synthetic pants to my/ employee leg. I haven't actually felt how hot it gets.

A machine is just a machine made by human hands. Look at all the car recalls that happen.

Yes my shield broke within 10 hrs and off it came. For the wire you need to take the wire loom apart, cut all zip ties, etc. its a pita as i think you need to pull off the black shield or something. I remember swearing a lot, throwing something, and contemplated lighting it on fire.

Yes dealer support was great from those guys for sure. Quality control needs to up their game at Morbark, or make a few less machines per day and figure out why these things happen. Being made by humans is no excuse for a shit product. Take more time and stop being greedy imo. Most everything new these days is freaking garbage.

It's an odd one Sean, tea on arrival is a must for all Brits, anything less and I feel slighted.

The French are different, they offer you coffee and you must go in the house to drink it with them, which is a PITA.

Bring me tea and then make your self scarce, I don't want to chit chat with clients (till its time to pay anyway!)

Spent the morning loading the basement up with firewood. Gonna take an old 029 down to a local saw guy and see what he can do for it. Tired of the dealer prices and they won't go beyond stock. I'll see if it's even worth fixing and get an idea if he's any good. His reputation seems good enough, I've just never dealt with him before

Yes my shield broke within 10 hrs and off it came. For the wire you need to take the wire loom apart, cut all zip ties, etc. its a pita as i think you need to pull off the black shield or something. I remember swearing a lot, throwing something, and contemplated lighting it on fire.

Yes dealer support was great from those guys for sure. Quality control needs to up their game at Morbark, or make a few less machines per day and figure out why these things happen. Being made by humans is no excuse for a shit product. Take more time and stop being greedy imo. Most everything new these days is freaking garbage.

Does the throttle knob twist off, or must you unbolt it from the side of the machine and/ or disconnect from beneath. Seems the top black plate over all the control valves/ etc is only 4 bolts, if you can wiggle it over the levers, and free it from the throttle. More pain in the ass, but less pain in the back than without.

For the wire you need to take the wire loom apart, cut all zip ties, etc. its a pita as i think you need to pull off the black shield or something.

Is this the key switch, guage, hour meter black box, rather than the large top plate that is covering the valves/ and throttle linkage? Four bolts also, but I bet more problems with wires running out of it.

Loom? bundles of wire in the plastic tubing? Working on it now.

I think i left the cable on, just lifted enough to get my hands in there to cut out the splice and put in a new one. One of those things where i was pissed i was doing it anyways so did as little as possible.

I pruned a large chinese elm the other day, took two loads of brush up to the next town for fodder for my friend's goats.
Knock on the door this morning, two litres of fresh goat's milk as a thank-you!

Grrrr...brand new rope and new homemade lanyard...so what was the first tree I get to climb after deploying it all?
A sticky, sappy macrocarpa!!!! Sap on everything, washed and scrubbed hitch cords and lanyard that night in the hope of getting some of it off, next day's tree was not fun, herky jerky with the sap still sticky. Grrrr.

I took a telephone pole head on yesterday in a truck. We spent today heating and bending the plow frame and tig welding some smashed up portion of the plow pump.

Next morning was bad for me when I got a tree as well.
Good day here done by one and able to get to a few projects. Just some broken hazardous branches at the Husqvarna dealer nice to be picked out of all the pros to do the work. Put a couple in the work pictures thread.

Be strong Justin, and keep your shit together.

This, is what I aim to do. I find as things get tough it's easy to get sucked into a tunnel vision and lose sight of the big picture.

I just keep on keeping on.

We set another record for largest two day snowfall since 1937.

But I did drive one into a bull on the highway at 3:30am. Killed it dead. Suprisingly little damage to my truck.

Back