How'd it go today?

I've done it, got in the van, driven to the end of the drive, realised that I forgot my raincoat, thought "bollocks to it, doesn't look too bad" big mistake.
I hate it when there's no one else to blame!

Had to plow all night. Did take one of my 10 carhart jackets in and left it in the truck though. Think I'll take a nap or read another dozen or so pages on the rope wrench , hitchhiker thread.

Very sad to read that story, Bermy...sorry folks are going through such times. Sometimes there is nothing left to do but show that we cared...prayers for his family and folks. Good for you volunteers for helping to keep folks safer.

We'll see. Probably gonna get one or the other. That's the problem with learning new tricks, they usually require new toys.

Its full on bushfire season now...South Australia is having it REAL bad!
My pager travels with me if I'm working on our village...

Saturday was a total fire ban for the state, no open fires, no camp stoves, no power tools outdoors, no harvesting until 6pm...strike crews stationed in high danger areas...everything passed off well with only a few minor incidents.

Off to town to buy a $0.34 tension pin or two. I dropped the old one en route to the store. This one is the tiny broken off end piece, with a colorful zip tie loop. When I guessed. I guessed and got one too small, and one much too small. Fraction of an inch. I should have bought 4 sizes, at $.34. Live and learn (hopefully).

Its full on bushfire season now...South Australia is having it REAL bad!
My pager travels with me if I'm working on our village...

Saturday was a total fire ban for the state, no open fires, no camp stoves, no power tools outdoors, no harvesting until 6pm...strike crews stationed in high danger areas...everything passed off well with only a few minor incidents.

Good luck Bermy. Stay safe. We had a pretty quiet fire season this year. I know the US sends aviation resources down under, that would be a fun gig.

Day started with a nasty base pecan that was showing a crack. Tied it off from the ground first only had to rig the over house portion then bomb the rest. Older guy told me I just had to have it:cool:
I didn't argue it made for a great tip!
7e8570c1a67c9923f17af44478cd2e4b.jpg

42" real roller tip:)
90c9209185a1173e785f59735ad8a5be.jpg

It has good compression at 110# and fired first pull with a shot of gas:D

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

I remember working ice/snow storms all night, way back when. We'd rotate our climbing ropes, keeping the spare ones on the hood's of running utility trucks to keep them from freezing.

Not even worth turning a key today. -6 right now with a high of -3 and -12 for the low wind chill 20-35 below. Next week should be better.

timbertramp came up and took my old car away. Good to have it out of the way for Snow removal.

Started up the snowthrower for the first time this year and did all the drives...she runs great now with the new engine. Only time I've been outside this week other than to get the mail. Playing a lot of music and staying warm.

It was cold and WINDY this morning, especially 85-90' up a very dead pine tree. I was most happy to get down out of it.

Finished that pin oak takedown this morning. 'Twas a bit chilly but not to bad. Went back to the shop and did a good cleaning of the truck cab and boxes. I can't stand it when they're unorganized.

Worked all day at 14 F wasn't too bad. No wind and overcast. Now, it's 6 F, windy, and dark. Had to put a round bale in the barn and that was not much fun. It's supposed to get to -8 tonight with wind. I switched to cutting up some white oak and cherry slabs I had. They are burning much longer than the pine. Heating system is keeping up so far. Nice to have a 65 degree garage to go in to work on the chainsaw.

Back