How'd it go today?

Ha, good pic.
Glad to get back to work today, felling and grinding, budgeted for two days, did it all today, and got paid. Good start to the year.

That's great, Scott.

Tree billy, do you have a rope walker? I used to deal with tendonitis. I always knew where a bottle of ibuprofen was. Rope walking seems to cut a lot of strain from my hands and wrists, particularly. Hydrate well.

Them cabinet lights are sweet!

Stayed up picking music 'til 6am and phone woke me a 8:30. An old band-mate/friend wanted to meet 1/2 way for lunch today. Had a great talk and a good meal...made my day.

Afterward, picked up the dog and went to the store for a few needfuls.

I'm booked for two recording projects this year that could be really good. Hope they both end up happening...you can never tell with musicians and I'm still feeling the sting from losing my sax playing buddy when we were in the middle of his album. I'd like to get back into the studio just to see something get finished that I can hold in my hand.

Gas line run, stove up and running, touch up paint complete, finish base board and 1/4 round today in the closets.

Thanks B!
I gotta run to Menards ( a WI based store similar to Lowes/Home Depot but of higher quality) to pick up some more shop lighting, a fan, and some random crap. I feel good about my contribution in helping stimulate the economy. :|: I'll be very happy when I don't have to spend money on the house for a bit.

Participated in my first 'Guard of Honour' as a member of the fire brigade. The third officer, Andrew Grey, from our 'brother' brigade in the next town tragically was drowned last week attempting to navigate a bar in his small boat when it was swamped and capsized. What makes it worse was it was his son's 16th birthday, his sons made it, he didn't.
We and the Council workers (he worked for the municipality) and his football club were asked by the family to line the route from the church to the grave. Lots of blue shirts, and the top brass of the TFS turned out too, dress uniforms all around.
Very sad, but the funeral was packed.
I didn't know him very well, but had been on some training nights when our two brigades trained together, and on a controlled burn for fuel reduction. He was very accepting of women in the fire service and very helpful to a newbie. Non judgemental and a great sense of humour. Younger than me, gone too soon.
Take care people.

Had it kinda rough as I forgot to grab my coat out of my pick-up this morning. Went from 60 on Saturday to 15 this morning and windy. Got all the bucket work done on a decent sized pin oak removal. Went a bit slow for my liking but it was tight, cold, and my hand still hurts. Gonna finish it off tomorrow if it's not snowing to bad.

Back