How'd it go today?

Nice going Jim.8)

First day off the ground since Christmas, went well but a bit hot. Got finished and went to start chipping and chipper didn't like that idea, so spent about thirty minutes trying to figure that out and it decided to go.

Got a bit hotter by then but I had some shade, then the neighbor came home and wanted some dead wood removed. Sad face until I gave in and said ok I'll do it now.

Got hotter. Got finished and first job owner decided on another branch on another tree. Ran out of water just as I finished and beat a storm home by about five minutes. I did get offered some coffee and tea but all I wanted to do was get going.

The weather was unbelievably nasty today, so we went home and assembled the around 100 chains of different length that we go through in a season.
Nice to have that out of the way and staying dry.

Congrats Jim. Now a scene from one of the "Leathal Weapon" movies is in my head.
I got called in at 1 this morning to plow, so after 12 hrs I'm gonna take a nap

More chipper maintenance and other things. Little things now, plugs, wires, cap, rotator, voltage regulator for alternator, ecm. Clutch is better than its been in years. New horn for chip truck, and radiator overflow tank. Gotta get an exhaust clamp, sometime.

Change chipper blades and anvil.

Never ends.

Like the bridge painters, ever finishing to start again at the other end.

New guy, Will, shows mechanical aptitude. Young and learning.

Oh ya, maintenance, just got a crown at the dentist this morning, and had a doctors visit, waiting for a routine blood work draw.

I'm okay with psa testing by blood, rather than digitally.

Back