How'd it go today?

It was a good thing to do on older saws, today it is not necessary as the elastic rubber thingy takes out the force of the rebound.

Chris, I just bought a 461 last week.
For fun!
First time I've ever bought a saw just for the hell of it.
Stihl was not going to market it in Scandinavia, which made me complain vehemently!!
Then my dealer called me and told that he'd ordered a large quantity of 441s ( Third largest dealer in the country) and they were backordered.
So Stihl offered to let him have a bunch of 461s instead.
Since I'd complained, he thought maybe I wanted one.
Conferred with Richard and got one for the hell of it.
Havent started it yet, or even put a bar and chain on it, but we have some beech logging after new year that is the PERFECT size for it, so I'll give a report on the performance then.

I just landed in Schweiz after 19 bad hours on the German autobahn.
As I was going over one of the longest bridges in Europe, all hell broke loose.
I couldn't stop on the bridge, but once I got to land, I crawled under the truck and found that the exhaust had come loose and was laying across the rotating drive train, being chewed apart.
No wonder it was noisy.
Couldn't do anything as I had left my tool box at home to make room for the mail order bride's stuff.
I crept on to the nearest town, to find some wire to tie it up with.
5 cars signalled to me that something was wrong, but I figured it was throwing sparks and signalled back that I had everything under control.

When I arrived at a town, I found that the jack wheel on the trailer had come loose and was dragging on the road. The wheel was completely gone, there was only the axle left, the rest had been a
braided away.
I hadn't heard or felt it because of the noise/vibraition from the broken exhaust been eaten up by the axle.
No frigging wonder they signalled me.

Must have looked like new year in Shanghai!!!!!!!!

15 hours later I went in to get diesel and was accosted by the German polizei, who politely asked if it was a normal Danish thing to drive down the Autobahn at night with no light on the trailer?
Turned out BOTH bulbs had vibrated loose. One was lying in the bottom of the light fixture.
What you get for bying an Irish trailer, I guess ( God invented alcohol to keep the Irish from ruling the world and all that)

At the Swiss border I was told I couldn't bring the wood into the country without a bill of sale.
No matter how many times I told them that I had been given the wood, since it was at that time uncertified and couldn't be sold, they wouldn't budge. A classic catch 22.

So I made a detour and smuggled it in.

It is snowing heavily here, so I spent 3 hours waiting for them to clear an accident off the highway.

Now I'm finally at the mail order bride's house.
She gave me a swift kiss on the cheek and went to work.
Now I just need to sleep for 14 hours then I'll be ready for the return trip.

Morale:

Don't marry a Swiss gal:lol:

Your cock will send you further than gunpowder could ever blow you.
Epic story Stig, I had an odyssey recently, you just keep thinking " Jesus, Thor, or whoever runs this bloody show,just let me get there, just let me get there!"

WOW Stig!!
You are experiencing a VERY interesting life and much of it self induced! I haven't tuned into the back story or ramp up of these events but I'm on the edge of my seat listening now. Who picks up a mail order bride theses days!? Will this be a love story? I'm very curious what's going on.

I don't believe the Swiss actually do mail order brides per se, even if they did they would probably be unaffordable for most of us. They would certainly be secure though!

My 6 yr old son heard me talking about animal breeds. He asked me,
"What does breed mean?"
As you can imagine, I was thinking it was the logical time for the birds and the bees discussion. I told him all about how people have arrived at various kinds of dogs and cats through the process of selective breeding. . . But I realized I still hadn't answered his question as to what it means, "to breed." I then explained the process of the man-dog (a pretty accurate description for men too) carrying the "puppy seeds" in his "you-know-what" and the lady-dog
having eggs in her belly (I "strayed" away from a favorite man-dog descriptive word for HER.)
All of this naturally lead to the subject of how human puppies are made.
I told him it was same as the animals except that mommy and daddy got married and planned on raising human puppies together rather than going at it in such a similar way to the animals, like is so often done these days.
When it was all said and done he didn't believe me so I told him that a stork brings the babies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419724339.623395.jpg

I started my 2015 New Year's resolution today, After spending over a week now on this Mexican all inclusive resort drinking good beer and whatever else they have to offer here........it's now alcohol free for the rest of my days.

25 years ago to this day my resolution was to quit smoking and I still haven't touched a smoke to this day.
So I know I can do this. I love a good drink but don't need all the extra drama.....and expense. ha.

Do it...which means don't do it.

I don't drink...never have. Grew up around the stupid drama..folks get nuckin' futz when drinking. I don't have patience around drunks...just as soon stomp 'em as anything.

Drunks push my button in a bad way.

Wow, you always seemed so calm and mild mannered, Gary. Now you are beating up large Negroes and drunks. What is happening to you? :lol:

That's a great resolution. I'm an idiot when it comes to alcohol. Sometimes I wish I could have it without drinking the whole town but then again there doesn't seem much point to alcohol without drinking the whole town.

I live in a place where if you had any social inclination at all, it used to be nearly impossible not to drink. if you were at a gathering and declined to indulge yourself, people would ask what the hell was the matter with you, and were you sick? I wonder how many well meaning friends like that ended up ruining other people's lives? Your glass would get filled while you protested, and when someone raised a bottle again while your glass was still full, you needed to make room for the pour. Few wanted to fight about it. A hundred and some sips will get you drunk too, i tell you.

Yeah...be sure you have that Bill of Sale.:lol:

Libations...no problem. Drunks...no mercy here. My friends drank and got zonked in high school. I worked around it at first..then had to deck a good friend because in his stupor he thought I was shaggin' his girlfriend. He pushed me down twice...the time he tried for a third push I broke his front tooth off with my right hand knuckle..took at least a month to heal that hand. (learned later hard target, soft weapon). I was real careful who I was around when they were drinking after that.

I just suffer drunks poorly...I'm crazy like that. Ok, end of rant...I am re-setting that button.

That's a great resolution. I'm an idiot when it comes to alcohol. Sometimes I wish I could have it without drinking the whole town but then again there doesn't seem much point to alcohol without drinking the whole town.
I'm on my 3rd free day now and no jitters yet. I guess my liver is still playing catch up from my Mexican over indulgence haha.

I'm kind of like you August in a way just how my way of doing things goes......don't just do a job half assed, get 'er done.
But I can admit I've never gone to black out, just kind of go into survival mode and take care of myself. I'm a happy drunk though.

But I think a few drinks a day does affect my short term memory.
What actually got me motivated to quit completely was about a month ago I was hanging a new 51" Samsung TV on the wall. Well it was way past lunch time and still hadn't eaten yet. So I decided to have a quick beer, then went back to the TV . As I was working alone I had no problem getting the big screen on the wall mount........but I was a little bit too relaxed. Before I could lock it in place one hand lost its grip
and wham It fell forward and I head butted the screen.......destroying the new 51" TV.
I think that's a good enough reminder drinking is a problem:lol:

Back