How'd it go today?

This platform is impossible! Cant upload a video from my phone on tapatalk. Cant embed from youtube on my pc! arrrrggggghhhhh!

ahh thats better, but why the hell can I not upload a vid straight from my phone to treehouse??!!!!! Why does it have to be on youtube first?

August,

I truly appreciate all the time you take while making your videos. You're GoPro's best salesman.

It's very good to hear that nobody was hurt when that tree fell. I'm willing to bet that there are a few kids who will never forget it though.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more of your videos on your U-tube channel.

Merry Christmas, Sir.

Joel

I've done reports and walk throughs in that park for the city. You guys get slammed with work too?

ahh thats better, but why the hell can I not upload a vid straight from my phone to treehouse??!!!!! Why does it have to be on youtube first?

I suspect because the TH does not have a server to hold the video. YouTube must be "housing" the video (keeping it on their server/computers). When we embed a link at the TH we are posting a link to that hosting server...at least that is the way my brain understands it.

Thank you Joel, sorry about my ranting, I still do not understand forums.
I wouldn't say we are slammed Willie. I have some things to do though. Bruce has a few things. I'm probably a little busier than him right now. Which is awkward at times.

I have been watching this tree for years Willie. It has looked like an accident waiting to happen as long as I can remember. Told them about it many times, plus others.

Good video....excellent that you had the "before" video of the tree and playground. Now I understand, seeing that lean, why they were concerned.

Was there a wind event that toppled the tree or did it just suddenly fall? Maybe the playground construction compromised the tree?

Nah, wet ground and excessive lean. The pictures don't do it justice, it was the kind of tree you stare at for a while to formulate a plan.

Sometimes momma nature lays them down nicely.

The last coat of finish is on the floors at the new house and we can start moving stuff in by the weekend.

Yes I'll try and get some this Friday. That finish he used is some toxic smelling stuff so the place needs to air out for a few before anybody can get in there.

2nd day with Mike M. I climbed a tad smaller one.. probably a 100 footer and stripped it. Then fell it between some trees. Then took Mike's stripped spar from yesterday and threw it up slope...
Fun day :)
Took the stump a little high JIC as there was a shed in line with the fell. Our estimates were correct and there was room :)

Attachments

• 100 foot spar1.jpg
    100 foot spar1.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 100 foot spar2.jpg
    100 foot spar2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 57
If I was felling towards an obstacle and trying to keep the tree as close to the stump as possible, a Humboldt wouldn't be my choice.

As long as you don't have large dogs.
Their claws mark a pine floor badly.

That hickory looks real fine!

One purpose of the humboldt is to make the tree slide off the stump. That adds to the forward momentum.
I'd go for a wide open face with a german or block face in order to make the hinge hold as far as possible in order to minimize stump shot.

I hope you are easily entertained, because this was it for tonights show:lol:

Back