How'd it go today?

My family and I are leaving for Bucerias, Mexico tonight. We've had enough of this steady 30 below we got lately.
Hopefully when down there I can find a Stihl dealer and buy a brand new MS381.

We took out a really compromised walnut today.
No choice but to rope it down, but couldn't trust it to rig off.
Solution: we didn't use a lowering device, but used a set of X-rings and only took pieces we could hold by hand until we got low enough to drop stuff.
Took about forever and a day, but we survived.
I didn't want to do the job because the owner of the tree is a complete bitch, so I set the price high enough to scare her off.
Didn't work, but at least we had a profitable day:)

Trimmed a hard maple today and had to whittle and toss everything since rigging was gonna be a bit complicated with the ground crew I had. Also got my Christmas tree up and let the boys decorate it, it looks real nice. Got a little kiss on the finger from the silky hand saw, just a touch=3 little cuts. Dave warned me lol. The new movie set has really increased my ability and comfort in the tree though I can't wait for the spring rush to try out some tricks

Nick, glad your enjoying Jerry's Working Climber Series. I'll have to borrow it sometime :/:

Waiting to hear from customer on when lift will be delivered. he called this morning and is setting up tentatively for Friday. Hand is feeling good enough to play finally so will be hanging out pickin' the old 5-string until I hear something.

Day was going great done 2 hrs ahead of schedule. Just dump the trailer, pick up the skid steer on the way back by.
Clutch disintegrated with a boom leaving a stop light. Thankfully a wide pull off was available DMV'S favorite.
Five towing Co's later I find one that has the capability to tow a pintle :rolleyes: Two tow trucks and home for 450. Guess I know what tomorrow brings.

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

We were doing line clearing as usual, when an old guy came out of a farm house and told us he would give us $500 cash to wreck an old chestnut between his buildings. I'm guessing he had somebody give him an estimate and figured maybe we were cheaper if he offered cash up front.
That worked.
So while the boys worked the line job, I climbed it and bombed everything, took me about a ½ hr. Some of it I had to swing a bit to clear a roof, but no big deal.
He was happy, and so was I.
That'll go into the company travelling fund:)

Spent 6 hrs up trees on Sunday putting up Possum boxes that the local joey mob had made. Spent yesterday doing inspections on a large block. back their today to finnish it up.

Did maint. on 4 saws, spent a couple hours visiting with an old friend who stopped in before he migrates South for the Winter, practiced music for a bit, swept out garage, loaded truck for tomorrows job, bid a 10-12 tree job and told HO to check the price of a bucket crew. I am so not looking for work and keep getting calls. WTH, I don't even licence my chip truck this time of year, and not interested in working in the cold/snow unless it is an emergency.

Cedar looks sweet!

Gary, yeah I never have gotten Winter calls so decided to shut down & just hang out this year. I'll do a few things for folks, just pick & choose the days and keep it to a minimum. This time of year I would rather work on music. Bills are all paid through the Winter already so no pressure.:)

Took out a big white pine, dead wooded two decent sized pin oaks and removed a small red maple. Would have been a good day if I didn't have a pounding head ache all damn day. Can't wait for Christmas. Got the week off between the holidays. Might get to do a bit of fishing if the weather cooperates.

Back