How'd it go today?

:lol: I love waking up to this stuff! Hoss, Hop Sing, antelope stew and biscuits.

:thumbup::thumbup:hahahahah!

That should be Jims new nickname, fo sho.

MB, I missed that one about the horseshoe, what was the scenario?

Is that 756 a Wheatland, or is it just a non-adjustable front axle? The aspect ratio of your picture is off a little.:D

Wow, that was a deal! We have a 756 Farmall. I prefer the 1256 Wheatland, however. The 1256 has no 3 ph, but has dual pto, TA etc. It used to be our chopping tractor, but now we just hire the neighbors with their Krone BigX 650.:lol:

I like it Jim...or is it Hoss now?? ;)

I did some alfalfa /mint harvesting back in the day in Oregon off of HWY 97 near Smith Rocks state park...I had fun, it was a nice month helping a friend

I liked farming!

Yeah, Scott. Farming has its moments!

The 56 was a good series of tractors Dave, as you are probably well aware. I've got a couple of 1086's that we get along with pretty well too.
That Krone must be fun to watch. It seems like one big chopper can keep the whole county's worth of truck drivers hopping!

Not to derail a good thread but I had the opportunity to pick up a free 1206 Wheatland. It had a seized up engine but all the tin was there. The owner was a good friend and wanted it hauled away to a good home. Well, he had a heart attack and nearly died, and while he was in hospital the Sheriff decided to sell his property to pay back taxes. Before I knew what happened the county had the tractor cut up for scrap.

All sorts of neat stuff got cut up for scrap during this last run of scrap price hikes. Stuff we will never see the likes of again. Must have been much the same during the WW1 and WW2 scrap drives.

This was this fall. 8 row head.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kSbTjjYhwDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Stephen. I get to wear my old broke down Resistol silver belly hat and feel like a real farmer when I drive it.

I will show that video to young Richard. He will love it Dave. They chop corn and alfalfa here. Lots of corn now that they have short day varieties.

That's your farm? Nice looking country. I bet the colors are nice in the late fall.

The fall colors here are great. I don't have one during foliage season. This shot is of the road going down to our fields. The cut corn field is the one in the video.

20131024_174221.jpg

hey Sawman, it's a Zeppelin Bend, and apparently the Navy used to use it to attach mooring lines to ground lines on rigid airships. Tie two ropes together with a connection that doesn't jam, being the main idea.

A Zeppelin Bend will jam under heavy load. Fair bend to use if not loaded too heavy.

Picked up a couple free wooden chairs, kitchen table, and a strange sorta bunk bed thing today. Band practice was cancelled for today so hung out at home & relaxed.

Where in PA?

Easton. What part are you in?

I have not been to visit yet. The last time I was on the East Coast was for my cousin's wedding in Nutley New Jersey. I was 10 or so and ended up getting drunk on champagne. I guess it was good champagne too, my cousin married the son of the owner of Majestic Clothing. I guess they were big on the east coast, never seen that brand out West. Anyway, the champagne they could afford got my country ass blitzed. Mom was horrified.

Edit: Maybe they did not make regular clothes? Only sports jerseys? I guess I never asked.

What were you intending to use it for?

For really heavy pulls I find a Sheet Bend w/stop knots works best for me most of the time. I aslo like it because I can use two different sized ropes if needed or preferred.

Right on, I just liked the story and the name I guess.

I've been pulling logs with the pickup a bit lately and using a sacrificial bit of rope to choke the log and take the damage. Used in connection to the main pull line.

Cheers

Back