How'd it go today?

I spent today doing nothing but watching movies and helping kids with home work. I don't remember middle school being nearly this complicated lol. Hoping to spend tomorrow doing firewood, I have a tree on my mind that I'm not real sure about and the worst part is I know it's just a hurdle that I have to get my brain past.

Butch, the pizzas you get are too small then...:P

Nick, What are you not to sure about? Give me a call if you want, we'll talk...;)

Yep......

I am still alive.

I've been working on building a small herd of cattle in my spare time......and well, now I have no more time. :)

My word, Randy...what you could get from an 064 boggles the mind.

Tempted far beyond reason, I am. I dare not even turn my thoughts to the 044 in my shed, do I ? :D

Hot spot where I was today, even hotter once I removed all the shade. I can see why people like the 150, my little Echo came in handy. It's great on days like that, so is extra water.

Got home about 3 and it cooled right down just when I'd backed in. First day of summer, although I think it started a couple of weeks ago.

Brownies for breakfast & pancakes for lunch.

2nd breakfast of the day = 2/3 of the way to a perfect day!

Gave the dog a bath :evil: you'd think I was punishing him.:lol: Hopefully it will relieve some of his itching.

Still waiting to hear my TreeStuff order got delivered. Sent out the 25th to make a four hour drive...:?

Spent today trying to get a game plan for this pain in the butt tree lol. I guess I might be going back to logging for the winter to pay the bills, not really looking forward to it since the guy had already skipped out on paying me before. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment:( other than that I've just been practicing my climbing technic and enjoying some time with my boy.

Cotton weeds... Of course they are the HO wifeys favourite. Never pruned (save for ugly cuts on low limbs), smashed by snow..... Crown raise, reduction, dead wood. Husband may basal prune the single stem next year :/:
Before.....
DSCF0108.jpg DSCF0109.jpg
After
DSCF0110.jpg DSCF0111.jpg

Ive also done 5 walnuts and have two more to do there.
2 pine removals also. Even the county guys talked to me while I was up in the bigger cotton weed and decided we were better suited for the work. His main climber is tied up on road clearance :D

You know what they say.

Can't polish a turd. I can see you did the best that could be done with them, but cottonweeds, not my favorite tree.

Mine either. Love looking at the customer and using lines like that though.. "Gonna be hard to prune a weed to look like a tree. ", "polished this turd the best I could for your wife." Seriously. The hubby and I were bantering back and forth. He literally told me he could now "prune the single stem at ankle high" thanks to my efforts with a grin. He hates the damn things :lol:

And there ya go. I will probably do another pass on the larger one in a couple years. This is a regular. He is only getting used to me pruning trees. He saw me do the neighbours. Most the work in the past has been removal for him.
Thanks for the compliments :)

Back