How'd it go today?

First day back at work from 2 week vaca.

worked with Bixler today, felt like I was dragging my feet a bit...

Today worked out pretty good, for a tuesday. Was dark first thing on at the job site. I know from experience that things appear more daunting in the dark, so I didnt get disheartened upon arrival and doing a walk around with the company owner. All the trees about 80-100 ft, cedars and douglas firs. Pruning and removals....only one tricky removal its fair to say. Had the first tree topped out and blocked down for 8:30 or thereabouts....confiers are just so simple some times. Lunch at the white spot restaurant, home for 5pm :thumbup:

Tomorrow I have to catch a boat to a small island for a days work at a property, with another company. Ive seen the job previously. As I recall there only one really bad tree out of a bunch, a leaning stone dead madrone to be rigged. No high point to tie-in, no remote tie-in from another tree even....the whole thing has just taken just bent over form. Been left way too long. Its gonna be shit.

So I'm sitting home taking the day off today thinking of calling it a season... Customer comes to get me to look at jobs...bingo: next week is filled with climbing...all Ash removals.

Knocked out four different jobs today, some grinding, a removal, a crash'n'bash and topping a fir.

Little jobs can very nice financially.

I ended up with a day off so far. Gonna go put a few fence row trees on the ground later today. Hopefully it pays lol. Other than that just hanging out with my youngest, I think work is easier. Maybe next week is busier. Atleast I got most of my firewood for the year.

BOTS, that is one crazy cute pup!!

Reg, that tree sounds bad, especially since it is long dead. You ever turn down a tree??

Been a lazy day, but did sell an 8 tree pruning job down the road to a customer who previously was interested in a removal, instead. He's doing the clean-up. Okay by me. Sneak him in Friday, when the sun is supposed to reappear. Been rainy day today. Rain, wind and getting gently kicked periodically all night by a littl'un didn't leave me very motivated today. I did hitch up the trailer, untarped/ unload the boxer, and did do a little work today. I am still getting used to the diminishing daylight. Got dark quick. Glad Daylight Savings time got pushed into Nov.

Treeing walker or plott or mix of both perhaps. Bear/cougar dawg. Run up hill fastern' a deer. Gonna have ALOT of energy to burn likely.

Back