How'd it go today?

Split and moved two cord of cedar to a client from the removal site and beat the rain. Also dropped an additional 1/2 cord of pine. He was only going to take the pine and one cord of the cedar. Once he saw the cedar and how much I was actually giving him (I went heavy) he bought another cord. Saved me some fuel running twice as far :thumbup:
Went back and took another cord off the place for the bon fire and came home.. Productive day :)
Rain just started up again :/:

just started raining here too.

i broke a skylight today. 48"x48" bubble type. first thing in the morning, i throw my throw-line into a fir tree to be limbed up over the house. throw-line gets wrapped around a limb and i give it a tug to see if it will unwrap. wellll, the whole dang limb snaps right off, 3" butt and 25' long, lands tip first on the roof and bounce in slow motion right onto the skylight. everything is good though. its only going to cost us $160 to replace and we finished the job by noon ($3100). i guess its monday (and a full moon to boot).

Did a small removal and finished Fridays job. Nut job across the alley kicked down the back fence over the weekend to count the rings on the wood, then when the woman came out he cussed out pretty bad for having the tree removed.
Then on a consultation another woman had hired a lawn guy, allowed him to prune her dwarf variegated willow then fired him when her cursed her all within a month. About 2 months later stuff started disappearing or getting tipped over, surveillance camera cords got cut then the neighbor saw someone in the willow at night, chased him down the street and saw the sign on his truck. He had been hand saw hacking her tree apart in the night:dur:

Logged out and "landed " the logs from three ash tree .Landed in the flat lands is just getting them to a place you can work on them .

Kind of puny logs ,from the three maybe at best 500 bd ft of salavageble lumber .Well it all counts and the rest is fire wood .

yah im glad it happened first thing. i really dread end-of-the-day-f**k-ups! customer was very pleased with our response. i even went back later in the afternoon to put a piece of plywood under the tarps so tonight's rain doesn't pool up on them (the new skylight wont be ready for a week or so). all in all it turned out to be a good day. my foot locking time aint that great though (40 seconds), hoping i can get it down to half that in the two week i have till the comp.

Yeah, good plan, if your not within 20 seconds of the fastest time, you get no score, I was weak in the footlock, think I scored 4 or 6 points at the most. But then again, Jared Abrojena set the fast time so I still felt good:D

As I was sitting reading todays Treehouse posts, my wife said that the deer were eating apples outside the livingroom window again.
So I took a couple of pictures to show you.
Roe deer with this years fawn.
Tiny things, only weight about 50 pds.
They have long ago figured out that my dogs are not allowed to chase them, so they pay them absolutely no mind.:)

P1010055.JPG P1010051.JPG P1010058.JPG

Evidently Roe deer are small .The Ohio corn fed white tail are about the largest in the USA often equaling the size of a mule deer .

Deer and dogs are amusing .Deer will play with dogs which is good sport to them .They can about run a dog to death .

The owners of Ledreborg castle where I do a lot of work had a Scottish deerhound named "Mouse".

He would run deer down just for fun.
Didn't do anything to them, just ran up along side them, like he was saying" fine day for a run, ain't it?)
Totally freaked those deer out.

We have bigger deer as well, Al.
The sika and fallow deer are imports, but the elk are danish.

So far so good .I fixed Toms' skidloader already .It was a bad safety switch in the seat,one of two and bad wiring to the seat belt awitch .Stuff like that could be bypassed but I always figured it's not a good plan to side step safety devices .That stuff was put on there for a reason namely to protect life and limb .

Now off to the woods to clean up what's left on one of the ash I flopped the other day .

Interesting Stig.

Good day today. Day 4, final day on the Sycamore. I went up and knocked the last lead out and we had everything raked up before lunch. Went and had a quick lunch, came back and packed up the gear, unloaded the 3rd trailer load of wood from this tree at their burn site, and had it all done before 2, so we got off a bit early today, which is awesome. I'm whooped from this tree. Looking forward to the fun Silver Maple removal tomorrow, not too big, but big enough to be fun.

Oh, also got a mohawk today lol. Doing it before the KYTCC, see how it works out. Actually looks pretty good lol.

I don't know either? I was hoping somebody might pipe in and say something. They're not common around here so I fingered to salvage a chunk.

Someone fill me in on the wood, garbage or useful for anything?
It just so happened today I cut up a wind blown top from a sycamore .The thing was in my way snaking my little truck back in the bush to pick up some ash .

I can't ever remember ever cutting the stuff before .This was dry but not rotten .Light as a feather and acted like tulip poplar ,soft .That said I can't see where it could useful for much of anything .

This morning I swapped out the pulley on my supercharger for a smaller one. This makes the blower spin faster, creating more boost. :evil:

After getting it tuned on the dyno I'm now pushing 414hp/397tq to the rear wheels with 8 lbs of boost.
snoopy.gif

The owners of Ledreborg castle where I do a lot of work had a Scottish deerhound named "Mouse".

He would run deer down just for fun.
Didn't do anything to them, just ran up along side them, like he was saying" fine day for a run, ain't it?)
Totally freaked those deer out.

I could see that happening. :)
Keely_Group2_11.29.08.JPG

That should translate to a g force feeling in the front seat Brian :D

Good day today. Did a partial take down of a good sized leader on a live oak. Lower some bomb some... Trimmed the guys black walnuts off his service drop. Got paid and started home. I no sooner walked through the door looking forward to settling in for the evening I had a message about a split tree on a clients property I had on my schedule in about a week. Supposed to pollard a fruitless mulberry for him.
Holy cow! I pull up and go look at what looks to be a blue cypress of good size with 3 codoms. Main trunck almost split down to the ground from between 1 codom and the other two.:\: Right over his garage, carport and can reach his house on one side (2 leaders) and the other almost straight up but over the neighbors house. I hack my way up the tree to get a come-a-long and some guying in it and find all that is hold the whole thing up is 5/16ths cable in a continuous loop around the out side codoms 1/2 way up.:\: Set my rigging and scheduled the TD.. Tight LZ and narrow street. Should be a blast 8) It should hold for a couple days :/:

Back