How'd it go today?

squishy, i thought you didnt have a chipper? i thought i heard you running that thing from here!

No no, I've had that thing for awhile now, it was my first piece of kit I invested in. I just have basically been wanting to upgrade eversince, had a few problems right off the bat as it wasn't cared for very well but I got it all sorted and it's been running great the last while.

COMING IN FOR LANDING, it sounds like a freaking airplane in the neighborhood when I work, LOUD!

What! What! I can't here you!:smileyinthejar:

DARIN> DARIN> DARIN! You MUST use a cheater pipe with the allen wrench. MUST!!!!!!!!. Get a piece of tubing about 2 feet long. Grab it at about 16 inches when tightening tooth pockets and tighten alll you can. Grab at the end to loosen. I tried using a 1/2 inch drive ratchet-not enough punkin'. A 1/2 inch breaker bar or torque wrench is okay but the allen wrench and 2 foot cheater are just as good.

As for my day.... It sucked. I'm in $1390 deep on my $750 tires and brake job and it still isn't right. :whine:

Madness around here as we prepare for camp.

Darin, a 4lb hammer works for me, I even prefer it to a breaker bar.

An impact wrench beats the allen wrench of course.

Wear your current teeth out and go to green teeth.

I've never thrown a tooth, nor has Dad, Daniel has. He doesn't grind anymore.

Right after I made my post about going pine slaying, it rained. Tomorrow seems like a good day.

The problem I have is that the allen doesn't go in far enough to stay there if I use a cheater bar. And yes I clean the bolts out before I tighten them.

Hmmm. If the allen is boogered up replace it. Clean the recess on the bolt head. Set the allen wrench as deep as it will go into the recess Hold wrench into bolt head with left hand. leverage wrench with right hand. Try not to fall over or smash your knuckles.

TMI, Darin.

My day was going ok until tonight. Hubby and son are gone, daughter's out....dog is going crazy. He's treed ('t-posted') a raccoon right outside my bedroom window. I went out with a flashlight and a broom. Tried to knock it off into the field, but the thing fought to stay where it was and climbed BACK OVER to the dog!! I've seen them try to fight if they were treed, but given the chance to run...they did. I'm wondering if it's either protecting some babies, or rabid.

I called my daughter and told her to let me know when she's home and I'll come out with the flashlight to make sure the thing isn't in the yard.

There are cows (not mine) in the other side of the fence so I don't even dare shoot it. I hope it goes away or it will be a long night (all night barking)

Actually, the late evening wasn't so good either. I found a cow that had been looking off....unfortunately, she was 'down' in a far corner of a field, by herself. I gave her a hunk of salt, water, a bit of feed, and four injections of antibiotics (she was wheezing a bit.) I'll go back down in the morning. She'll either be better, or dead probably.

Other than that.........Great day! :D

Sorry, Darin....just reminded me of this one......oh......nevermind. 8)

Dog has NO visible injuries. Coon is gone. Daughter got home. All is well.

Cow is up, kinda. Up enough for me to 'push' her to cross the field and into the barn, anyways. She's always been very thin, but now looks like a skeleton. Twelve years old, she's done. If she will stay on her feel, I'll coddle her for a bit, like a long dragged out final feast....then she's off to McDonald's via the stockyards.

Five hours sleep. I'm too old for this. :|:

No Che, You are too young-Old folks aren't supposed to need much sleep.

Good spin, Justin. I like that. :D

Butch, I really don't know. I've said that for forever, but I'm not sure if it's true. It might be like knowing what's in hot dogs though: somethings are best left unknown. :\:

My ex used to go to the livestock auctions every week. He said the McD's buyers always scooped up the oldest, cheapest, most used up dairy cows.
Ick.

Maybe mine go to Hardee's then (Angus, not dairy.)

Just got back, she headbutted the water bucket back at me as I was pouring it (dumped most of it, stupid cow) she's feeling better. Kinda like men and kids when they're sick. If they're complaining and ornery that's ok, but it's when they're quiet and listless that you worry.

Had our deck pressure washed today. I forgot I told the guy 8am was okay. John was looking forward to sleeping in. Oh well, got our day off to a good start. Spent the day on the water, looking for hogfish although none to be shot.

Big Poplar today, I love big tree's:)

3rd pic is where I had to top it at 75' as I was out of stick.

All down, picked up and stump ground by lunch. First job in a while we were relaxed enuff on schedule to take some camera phone pics.

As the boss sez, easy peasey japanesy.8)

Nice work getting that done by lunch.

Today was mainly chipping piles and some light ground work. The jobs this week are on the easy side of things. I'd mix my schedule between hard stuff and easy but I just do them as I get them and am happy to fill my weeks.

Back