How'd it go today?

Finished up a small job with a 2yr spikeless climber I been working before he moves to Portland Oregon, He took the top out a short white oak was gonna start on the pulpwood and spiked out and fell bout 7 feet hugging the tree scratched his chest and belly but he's alright. The previous day he'd re-sprung his ankel.

That'll learn him for using spikes! Glad he's okay.

Just taking a lunch break right now after a little vista pruning this morning some deadwooding and a small fir removal for the afternoon. It's gonna be a long good day today.:D

I've had a lazy morning, I'm fixing to head to the Housing Athority (read democratic housing) to remove a tiny little excuse of a pine, then I'm coming back :)

I hauled several boxes of my office stuff over to my new duty station and moved a bunch of file cabinets to make room for my office. Don't ask why I have to go over there and make room for me...:what:

I'll move my desk, computer table, a file cabinet, and my computer Monday and Tuesday.

Moving sux.

Finished up deadwooding this Birch and have pushed the Doug Fir removal to tomorrow. 4:00 when I finished the Birch and it was really startin to let loose. I was pulling out when I remembered to take a pic, hence the quality. Second pic I have no idea why I took it gorgeous view of the lake eh?:lol:

You should plywood your headache rack, Justin. It protects it and gives you instant shade anywhere.

You should plywood your headache rack, Justin. It protects it and gives you instant shade anywhere.

You menioned that to me before but I thought you were yanking my chain you're serious eh? Shoot with my fancy new paint job I don't let nothng rain down on the truck no more ;) .

Finished up deadwooding this Birch and have pushed the Doug Fir removal to tomorrow. 4:00 when I finished the Birch and it was really startin to let loose. I was pulling out when I remembered to take a pic, hence the quality. Second pic I have no idea why I took it gorgeous view of the lake eh?:lol:

Which lake mang?

Gary

That is Kal lake, lake of a thousand colors. Limestone gives it some unreal coloring in the heat of the summer when the sun is on it it looks super blue/green for a lake and changes with depth pretty cool looking some days. But today it just looked dark like everything here felt like the coast all socked in and rain today. Lots of low cloud and fog rolling around.8) Good day for working though until about the last hour when I got soaked.

I did this:

P7200026.jpg

P7200028.jpg

P7200038.jpg

Then I did this:

P7200047.jpg

Then I did this:

P7200048.jpg

All of it was helping out friends over on the coast, New Smyrna Beach and Oak Hill. I wasn't doing it for money but they all ended up paying me anyway. Had a great time, told lies, ate well, even exchanged flirts with the waitress at lunchtime.
8)

Lets see, slept in till 0830, visited ma, came back and spent the rest of the day stripping a door to repaint it. I just sanded the last of the filler for today, and re-hung it(bathroom door). Now I am just relaxing and reading some directions to my next job interview. :D

Dang Brian, I can't imagine how your lift is the material handler that it is. It looks just like any other bucket, I don't see where it's reinforced, orrrrr whatnot. But it must be, eh? Cool lift!

stumps and rain here, plenty of rain!!

Stumps and no rain here. I made the biggest dust cloud today. I am surprised that nobody complained and made wash their car. I don't have a good hex socket for my stump grinder teeth. All I have is a 1/2" allen wrench and I just can't seem to put enough force on it. As a result a tooth came flying off my grinder today. Nothing was damaged and nobody was hurt but I don't want that to ever happen again. I think I am going to switch to the little green teeth for my Carlton. Ed thinks I should and I always do what Ed says.

Today was a nice day temperature-wise. We had a one and a half day cooling trend and then we are moving back into the hundreds. The Western States are burning pretty good right now and Boise is smokey most days, giving everything an amber hue. All day long I see retardant planes taking off and landing, fire helicopters coming and going and the occasional smoke jumper plane. Boise is the major hub of Western firefighting.

http://www.blm.gov/nifc/st/en/prog/fire/fireops/people_in_fire/smokejumpers.html

Deva, there is undeveloped area at the back of the neighborhood where everybody dumps their yard waste stuff. My friends were well aware that I'm not set up for hauling, they just wanted it on the ground and they will clean it up themselves.
:)

The AC units weren't very heavy, maybe 400 lbs.

was that a hot tub brian?
squishy, i thought you didnt have a chipper? i thought i heard you running that thing from here!

oh a.c. got it!
darin, try sears for a half inch breaker bar and half inch drive hex socket

oh a.c. got it!
darin, try sears for a half inch breaker bar and half inch drive hex socket

Also check your local Napa. I've had great luck with finding odd sized impact tools with my local Napa auto parts, that and the folks are more professional that run the place, compared to the other 2 places in town.

Ok Darin, here are some items you are looking for re: chipper tools

1/2" drive 1/2" allen socket
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...rtical=TOOL&subcat=Sockets&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

1/2" Dr. ratchet
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...tical=TOOL&subcat=Ratchets&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Back