How'd it go today?

Thanks Brendon for the plug.

Bummer news today, my machinist friend is calling it quits and is selling out:( Hes had 2 busy years but still cannt seem to pay his bills so decided fug it and somebody offered him $100k for the whole shop and he took it. As of August Ill be in the shit:cry:

What is this country coming to?

Crew put in a 21' above ground pool today. I was responsible for removing the leftover sand from the driveway. They only used about 1/2 the load. Power barrow would have been nice. Andy's mini would have been nicer.

I shoveled and pushed sand for 4 hours.

Bummer news today, my machinist friend is calling it quits and is selling out:( Hes had 2 busy years but still cannt seem to pay his bills so decided fug it and somebody offered him $100k for the whole shop and he took it. As of August Ill be in the shit:cry:

Would it be economical for you to send the work out to a machine shop farther from home?

It is really a bummer when something work wise that has taken a lot of r and d gets inconvenienced like that. Definitely a wtf response.

Sorry to here it, it seems like all the really good ones are getting out. I've been busy closer to home, a nice change from driving out to winter park/maitland area.

Planted my vegetable garden, but it rained like sheet all night. Not sure if the little plants could handle it. Find out when I get to my shop.

We were going to plant ours today but it started raining here this morning. We did not feel like working in a mud pit, so cleaned out the chicken coop instead.

Been raining for the most part of two weeks here. The one sunny day we had, I spent mowing the three acres of lawn. :roll:

If you can deal with shipping, I can hook you up, this guy would love the steady work and a break from aircraft. As long as you don't need a five axis mill, he's got it and is only a block and a half from the house. I'd be more than happy to help you two get together Paul.

Crew put in a 21' above ground pool today. I was responsible for removing the leftover sand from the driveway. They only used about 1/2 the load. Power barrow would have been nice. Andy's mini would have been nicer.

I shoveled and pushed sand for 4 hours.

Nothing but a phone call Dennis, not like I'm doing much anyways.

So he's a mechanic.
:what:

Slightly more than a mechanic. I'm project manager, part owner and engineer. Right now, I'm working on the technical specification of the turbine and cooling system. Its a siemens twin turbine, kicking out over 4500 shaft hp, so I have nearly 8 megawatts of waste heat to deal with.
Mechanic my ass :roll:

Thanks for the offers of help guys. Dave my machinist is truelly my best friend at this point which is why I was so bummed for him. We are going to build him a small shop at his house and he is going to keep a couple machines and he assures me he will still be able to make Wraptors. I told him not to worry about that but he does. What really gets to me is that he is an extremely talented machinist who works 7 days a week but still cannt survive, another 4 people outa work:( Government bails out all the freakin banks but just taxes small business to death.

Dave sold the shop to his biggest customer who will move it to their location and Dave will then become an hourly employee for them. Hopefully it will be good for him, at 60 he doesnt need the stress of the shop......

You can always find somebody to make parts .They might get a bit pricey though .

The hot set up would be someone with a CNC machine where the program would be saved and parts made as they are needed .You could order 1 or 10,000 depending on the need at the time .

Someone like myself just fiddley farten around would take forever to get the parts done .Then if I charged full rate you couldn't afford them .A CNC machine could do more in one hour than I could do in a week on manual machines or at least the ones I have .

Yup, and do it a lot cheaper! That's what I was trying to hook Paul up with, this guy has a seven axis twin spindle lathe with live tooling, turn and mill it in one operation, front and back.

Bit slow on the uptake here, you are welcome Brian!
Bounce it's a temperate hardwood from Tasmania, Blackwood...

I trimmed out five traveler's palm stems pruned some palmettos, climbed and cleaned 12 coconuts...nice thing was I could swing over to the smaller ones from the taller ones...bad thing was all the fronds and fabric and seed heads had to be humped across a beach then up a sandy hill to the road, legs on FIRE!

I hate that the machine shop couldn't keep running. But there are days when I'd take 100k and go punch a clock. Sounds like a win-win actually.

Back