How'd it go today?

Eric, sorry to hear it.

Stig, good on finding a likely good apprentice.
I hear what your saying about BMI, but I always have had a bad BMI, right now 28.26 (overweight being 25-29.9, but I have never floated in fresh water). I've always thought it was a flawed measurement tool.

Helped at the Puget Sound Regional TCC set up, pruning the first 90' of a 143' DF, for the throwline event. Looks like it will be cool. Starts tomorrow.

Amy lost her great-grandmother, at age 95, so I'm taking her to the airport in the AM, then on to help at the TCC.

Someone here must have a pic of it? I didn't take any, it's like jagging up the snag so it's more 'natural' like for the wildlife.

I even had flushed two saws for the gig, cleaned 'em right out and ran vegetable oil. I'm a environmentalist I tell ya!

I get it.

Yes it is.. The 500V
Turns out it only got into the carb this time. Cover must have leaked. I checked the fuel tank and lines and they were clean. Quick fix... Drain carb float bowl. Pump some fuel through by turning it over, replace bowl and filter housing. Bada bing bada boom.. all done :)
Also replaced the locking differential and tranny brake cables while I was at it.

Cool, I know a few folks that are there. Enjoy! Ours (BC) is two weekends from now but I have a previous engagement to attend... :/:

Eric, sorry to hear it.

Stig, good on finding a likely good apprentice.
I hear what your saying about BMI, but I always have had a bad BMI, right now 28.26 (overweight being 25-29.9, but I have never floated in fresh water). I've always thought it was a flawed measurement tool.

Helped at the Puget Sound Regional TCC set up, pruning the first 90' of a 143' DF, for the throwline event. Looks like it will be cool. Starts tomorrow.

Amy lost her great-grandmother, at age 95, so I'm taking her to the airport in the AM, then on to help at the TCC.

Pretty boring here. I hurt my shoulder on a job about a month ago but kept working and didn't worry too much about it until last week when it was still sore.

Went to the doctor last Friday, rotator cuff. PT on tuesday and haven't worked since friday. Just about all I need, it's a big bill month but it's usually a busy one.

Going again on tuesday, it's a bit better. I can tuck my shirt in now, couldn't reach behind my back much last week. Could be a lot worse I guess, at least I can do some stuff around here unlike when I hurt my back last year.

And the world didn't end at 6pm, although I lost my internet for a few hours.8)

My shoulder is on a slow heal, that's for sure. I do believe that (as arborists) if we survive everything else, our rotator cuffs are surely doomed, no matter WUT.

My shoulder was bothering me last year. Couldn't throw anything overhand. I had about given up on it healing when it finally did. I feel pretty lucky I haven't screwed anything up seriously. Both my sons have more complaints. Too soon old, too late smart. I try telling my stepson to stop trying to bulldoze things and use his head. It is a tough sell.

LOL.

Did a 5 hour job this morning, broken maple clean up, birch take down, raise up and trim the trees under the wires to the house. I'm wooped for some reason, still gotta go chip brush at my house, and unload scotts loader.

Yesterday, We, 4 of us, wrecked about a 36",
3 spar cypress next to the house and topped, view pruned a mess of bays. All on a huge hill.
There was no way we could fit the chipper on this road, let alone turn it around,
so we shuttled brush in my truck up to the top of MT. Tam, where we chipped it up.
5 loads total, talk about some mull valley hillbillies, people were laughing at us.
at least the wood stayed in firewood lengths. God bless wood stoves and fireplaces.

Left that job at 4pm to sit in Friday traffic to dump up north a few miles,
I was supposed to remove a tree for him the next day, but didn't want to return,
SO I took this medium small walnut down and chipped it up and sprayed it on the chip pile we just dumped.
Then drove home for an hour, Met up with Porkbrick and passed the NT saddle onwards. Long days, can make good pay.

Took the missus out to dinner for our 5th anniversary; glad I brought my wallet in case the rapture wasn't today at 6pm. :lol:

Had the server going for about 6 or 7 minutes with it, though. :/:

I think this is more appropriate, Erik. :evil:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1LRtjVt0LUc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Happy anniversary Erik.

Rode a mower for the better part of the day on two rentals. Then killed a storm thrown fruitless plum and chipped it.
Chipped some more storm down branches along a driveway and then went to a family BBQ. I am stuffed of enchiladas and tri tip and tuckered out.
Glad I could park the rig next to the tree. :)
Does not sound like a fun job today Deva.

I'm beat, tired as hell, my back hurts like hell and I am going to hurt like hell all day tomorrow! We left at 8am, got there at 11:45 then back at 9:15pm. It was a VERY nice service, the Pastor was GREAT and went way above and beyond! I'll try and add more in the am when I am more awake. Mom was a rock, she did a lot better than I did! His wife and son are total wrecks, but had a lot dumped into their laps to deal with!

I can totally understand the "dumped in your lap" part, Andy- when Val's mom passed, I ended up handling literally everything. Maybe it was a good thing; with my dad in his final 5 or 6 months, I at least feel like I'll know how to handle things, now.

There're no fun thats for sure, I'm glad the service went well.

Spent the afternoon with my mother, her birthday today she's 89.

She got a good birthday surprise. Last August she had a fall and broke a bone in her neck and has had to where a neck brace 24/7 since then, yesterday they said it could come off. I really didn't think she'd make it, it's been a lot of worry. I don't know what I would have done without my sisters, one came from interstate for three months but had to go back. She's been back on and off for a week or two.

The other one lives there but is a full time teacher at a handicap school, she's been amazing really. Last year was a rotten year all round.

Nice day. Sunny, blue sky and high 70's.8)

Back