How'd it go today?

I find with mine that If I shut the fuel off after use I have had none of the have to clean it go though it again issues FWIW. One real good piece of machinery.

I'll try that too. I use pretty much year round save for the wettest part of winter. If I had the plow I would probably use it more then also.
Going on 5 years I've had it. Just keeps on going.

My Uncles wife is half retarded, very nice, very cognitive, but lacks a lot of mental capacity she needs to have to take care of the shop, machinery or whatever they are going to do, the son really is going to have to step up, but his wife is deaf, so he really has his hands full! They have a four year old girl, just the sweetest damn thing you ever did see! All day she kept asking for "Pa Pa", and we all told her he was in her heart with her forever.
After going to the cemetery we all went back to the church to hang out for a while. My Aunt was sitting at the table with my family in a bad state. The pastor joined us and her comes the little girl just clinging to him like he was the greatest thing. He went out to his car and came back with his guitar, we all sat at the table and sang the ABC song, Jesus loves me, the itsy bitsy spider and deep and wide with her.
There were a couple people there that kinda scould at us, but it sure put a smile on both of their faces and they both needed that!
Really, the past was one hell of a guy!

Just about got all my paper work done. Had like three e mails to send out to our customer we took care of today. She moved to Colorado and we pretty much cut and kill what ever is needed here. Well... Stuff just did not look right when we pulled up today. Gates all open, stuff disturbed. The neighbor flags me down for a talk. He has seen lights on in the house and the garage door open from time to time. Figures the auto opener must be a code some one else close by has. Side door was locked. He had called the sheriffs to come take a look a couple times and they pretty much did just that. Take a look and leave. Now today, the side door on the garage is kicked open and the jam broken. I go up on the back deck of the house, all the screens are off the windows and the MB window is ajar... Just slightly so unless you tested it, it would appear closed. Well... I straightened the place up and took notes and pics. Seems there is a new family across the street. Saw a whole group of kids oer there when we pulled up. Neighbor has seen them in the back yard of the place. Hmmmmmmm .. Just got done e mailing the customer. See what comes of it.
Neighbor gave us access permission after our talk so I could get the chipper down in the back which made for an easy clean up like Brendon likes. No dragging :D He gave us permission to use his access anytime we need it so long as we don't tear up his yard. I assured him we would not and we even quickly chipped a small slash pile he did not get to burn this season ... about 5 mins of work to thank him for his courtesy of giving us access . Now I will access to the 85 foot cedar I am removing over there :D I took about 8 cedars out of there last year and it really sucked getting everything out of the back. His wife refused us access last year as he was out of town.
The guy sends his son over with some cold sodas and a message to come see him... I just landed a 6 oak TD job. :thumbup: I also have added about 1/2 days work on the property we were on today.
This really turned into a pretty good day for losing a day off :)
We were supposed to TD a black oak and it got rescheduled. Figured I would just get this account off my list since I was scheduled to work anyway... :)
Few more phone calls to make and schedule some other things and I am done for the day.

Walked away from my first job ever this weekend. 2 dozen or so stone cold dead poplars in 3 adjoining backyards area with no access. New houses built backing onto a natural area with mature trees that are now dead.

The 50-60ft poplar trees have be dead standing for 3-4 years now and permanant "fancy" landscaping has been installed under them. The trees are very unsafe and unclimable. The house lots are super deep, so there is no crane access and the access to the backyards is very narrow so there is no access for a spider lift. Also there are no other tall rigging points anywhere even close to the trees and no back lane.

I have no idea of how these people are going to deal with these trees, talk about stupid to let these trees get into such an unsafe state. Anyways, I am glad it is not my problem.

My normal crane company is apparently out of business. Trying to find out if another outfit does trees. We have 3 massive cottonwood to remove, checking on a tub grinder also.

Finished up a job from last week today at the PT gig. Nothing fancy, soaking freaking wet all day long again. This sucks.

Vermeer northeast gave me a buzz, they had someone call in interested in a Wraptor and was wondering if I'd give them a call. I first made sure they weren't from my area, then gave them an honest review. He claims he's going to order one, so hopefully they sell one, Paul. :)

Started doing Deadlifts in my training. Warmed up with 175# on the bar, for 4 sets of 10. Then went for a hard push for 3 - managed 330#. Not bad for my first attempt I think.

I'd type out what I was working on today, but it was boring technical shit on condenser packages for turbines.

Planted my vegetable garden, but it rained like sheet all night. Not sure if the little plants could handle it. Find out when I get to my shop.

Sawing up a ton of white pine right now. Got to get it done before it stains. 16 footers, 2.5" x 8"-14" and 12 footers 3.5" x 12"-20" wide. I think I broke a ring in my 394. I can turn it forward ok, but if I turn it backwards it catches. Makes a helluva racket when it's running.:(

Played tug 'o war with a batch of grapes today... I am whooped. Pay is still slow. Had a HO hand me a bad check yesterday and she was really late with that. This economy is getting old. Full schedule and they are all invoice. Mostly anyway. :P
Finally hit the sweet spot on the newer 200T and she was cutting nicely. I need one more.
I need a vacation :lol:

Started doing Deadlifts in my training. Warmed up with 175# on the bar, for 4 sets of 10. Then went for a hard push for 3 - managed 330#. Not bad for my first attempt I think.

I'd type out what I was working on today, but it was boring technical shit on condenser packages for turbines.

Not bad at all, surely more than I could handle. Good on ya, Ed.

Boat access only island work today, clearing some windthrown trees over a road and some uprooted trees due to landslide.

Tomorrow, boat ride to climb and remove a 3 stem alder near a Park building.

My business phone has been slow lately. Partially tax-time, partially not being out and round town with mobile advertising, partially not working and talking to neighbors. Wonder how business has been for others lately.

Played with the Dolmar yesterday, finicky damn things! When they say there isn't much work to be done with the ports, they aren't kidding! I just smoothed out some rough spots, pulled the base gasket (.016" squish) and like to never got it to start! Adjusted the hell out of the carb and got it running, might have time to play with it more tomorrow and see how it runs now.
Went and got a new key made for my truck. Brian, DO NOT loose a key for that Mustang! Wife lost mine a couple of years ago and I've always be nervous about having just one key for it.
$90 and an hour later, I was done.
Went to A J's T-ball game tonight, man is that something to watch!

It went ok to day aside for a burned wiper motor. So that should be my three for now and I should be good to go for a while I think.

Back