Grove AT635E

Safer going over in the crane, maybe.

Hard to say, "we want to know if we're caving your basement wall before we tip the crane over.

Camera is a silly idea, unless it isn't.

Why take such a risk?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why take such a risk?

Bottom line is we are slow as malasses right now and its a $15K job. I figured if we went overboard on the dunnage it would be OK, might have to dig up and fix a drainage line but I can deal with that. I would love to know what his other prices were too as without the crane I personally wouldn't have wanted to mess with it as there was no machine access behind the house.....

I wonder what it would be like to drop stuff conventially, then pick it up from the ground at nearer to max capacity, statically. PITA, I'm sure.

So we finished the big job yesterday, ground the stumps and cleaned up, I had $15K on it. Turns out the next lowest price was $27K:whine:

Im such a Jackass at times !!

You did a good job and got what you asked for....no jackass. Nice work! The other bids probably didn't much want the job. They could be the jackasses. :lol:

So we finished the big job yesterday, ground the stumps and cleaned up, I had $15K on it. Turns out the next lowest price was $27K:whine:

Im such a Jackass at times !!

You don't know at what price they would have done the work, or not done the work. They may have cut down the job to a price they could afford.

Also, might be worth printing out your quote, and putting it in your bidding book.

You've mentioned you're lower priced than your competition otherwise.

Seems like you're in the market of big hazard trees, often, and could go higher, as other people won't want to climb them, possibly.

Do most local rental cranes fit in your foot print? Isn't your old crane operator retiring/ retired?

Oh I'll do it again

:lol:

You did a good job and got what you asked for....no jackass. Nice work! The other bids probably didn't much want the job. They could be the jackasses. :lol:

+1

Sure if you knew the other bids, money was left on table. Otherwise, you did the best you could. Hey you were slow, it kept you going.

Who knows what someone else was thinking that bid that much. If you got it done in the proper time you had on it and made your coin it just means you're more competitive.

Ours is the only crane in this area that would fit that setup, and it was tight!! AS I said I wouldn't have wanted to do it without the crane as there was a huge volume of material that we hauled out. I knew we had a distinct advantage over the competition but didn't realize they would bid that high!! FWIW the owners of the house seem to have endless resources, house is getting completely gutted etc etc. Went back this morning as it rain hard all night and all the drains appeared to be working so I think we are in the clear:thumbup:

Might want to start using a release of liability when you get paid on those iffy jobs. I often have to do that when money comes from grants and such. Basically saying the job is done and they're happy and can't come back on you for this or that.

What does the Release of Liability do? Is it to say they were in and out, finished with no damage, therefore no more liability for anything on the site?

FWIW, I use a one page contract.

-Demographic info
-Scope of work
-payment and terms (timing)
-then printed and signed name and date Acceptance of Proposal, spec'ing ownership or having permission of the owner
-Last Acceptance of Satisfactory Completion, including final clean-up. Printed and signed, and dated.

I hope this covers my ass against things like someone slipped on a cone in the driveway, or trips on a stick days later.

Back