Grove AT635E

Yeah, that crane job I posted recently, I need to sign a release saying I did my job and after being paid, I am entitled to nothing else and they have no recourse either towards me. Basically contact fulfilled, now go away

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gained access to the neighbors yard but had to guarantee zero damage. Dead ash that would have all had to come through a 36" gate , not for me!

IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0214.jpg

After

IMG_0217.jpg

I really like the ladder cribbing on top of the mats! Do they roll out or handle them with the crane? 4'x20'?

I made them àbout 15'x4' to be put on plywood. I thought about selling my 3' alturnamats and getting 4 s but at $250 each I said frig it. They are actually very easy to deploy, pick them up with wheel loader then just roll them out, 2 minute job, mats / plywood are a pia by çomparison . I can get the crane on one 15' section then leap frog but haven't done it yet. For me it is very important to get the crane to as many trees as possible so this will help that effort

Had you ever seen them before or did you just use your imagination, again! ;)

Did you invent that? If , so I'd patent that beeyotch.

I can just see that made out of some resin material, hollow and maybe round... sold @ TreeStuff!

I'd imagine they make a huge difference over just the Alturnamat? I have a job to wrap up which involves taking my grapple truck across a (wet) yard to pull out 5-6 loads of chit from two other houses. My plan is to double up the 4x8 mats turned long ways (tires centered on the 4' width). Your ladder cribbing (what do you call it?) would be a welcome addition! I assume they're oak?

I had never seen them before Cory, just like trying stuff out. they are 3 1/2" square white oak with 7/8 holes in each end with old rigging line strung through. I was very happy with their first outing, worked as imagined.

Second job of the day, tight squeeze to get in but just routine after that, Very rotten maple which one side had just failed a week ago.

IMG_0216.jpg IMG_0215.jpg

Awesome Paul. Just an amazing piece of equipment there. Really liking the freshened paint too. Looks pro.

Paul, do you have to put the crane in 4wd low to get it up on that ramp/riser or just drive up it as normal?

when I'm sneaking in places I always put it in 4x4, just so much more control. Don't always do it to get on ramps as we typically are driving down hill to get on them.

Nice vid. I'd love to see more vids of your crane work :drink:

We did another job later that day and had a huge hickory to take down. Had a limb go out the back for ever, hooked onto it at max reach at about 70ish ' radius and it had too much brush on the end so we took like 10 foot of wood with it to make it but heavy. put a big face in the crane side then just cut and boomed up till she was vertical ( probably 45' radius) then released the cut. Went flawless then I think "shit should have recorded that!"

Back