Grove AT635E

We did another job later that day and had a huge hickory to take down. Had a limb go out the back for ever, hooked onto it at max reach at about 70ish ' radius and it had too much brush on the end so we took like 10 foot of wood with it to make it but heavy. put a big face in the crane side then just cut and boomed up till she was vertical ( probably 45' radius) then released the cut. Went flawless then I think "shit should have recorded that!"

Never seen that done.

Really? I stand up limbs all the time. No back cut, just start undercutting until the saw gets pinched, then signal to winch up.

Paul, that is how it is done with a GRCS.
Or I should say, how we do it.

Ekkka loved these pics...

Attachments

• trees 019 (Small).jpg
    trees 019 (Small).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 93
  • trees 021 (Large) (Small).jpg
    trees 021 (Large) (Small).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 91
  • trees 022 (Large) (Small).jpg
    trees 022 (Large) (Small).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 93
Paul, the only way that could've been a cleaner pick is if the climber had a vacuum to get all the sawdust! :D

That is a, uh, groundbreaking technological advancement. No doubt that driveway would have been toast without the rolling road.

That is a lot of roadway to transport, how bulky is it?

:lol: If it won't go just try a little harder!!

Gotta love ditches. Why didn't you just put the wrecker on the OTHER side of the crane and pull it where you want it???

Make it a REAL fiasco!

Sometimes the human foot/shin area provides just the right fit to get over a hump.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup not sure exactly what Robbie is doing there but we didn't have much trouble getting in, just put down some cribbing to keep the outriggers from digging in and backed in. Sure felt tippy though..

:lol: If it won't go just try a little harder!!

Gotta love ditches. Why didn't you just put the wrecker on the OTHER side of the crane and pull it where you want it???

Make it a REAL fiasco!

You know there's no wrecker involved right? That's just the ball of the crane.

Hell no...I just got a free laugh. I thought they got it stuck! I have said it before..I know SQUAT about cranes.

haha...you are observant. You noted the aberrant twist to my comments and deciphered the concomitant lack of knowledge therewith.

(you ciphered my ignorance, toute suite):D

Back