Fishing 2016

Summer steel are fun, lot more aerial than the winter fish though smaller. Scrappy buggers. My buddy got a nice one the other day and we had to chase it down the river. They eat well, I take home any legal steelhead

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Maybe a little. Can cover more water in the boat, access holes you can't get to from the bank and have a better chance of landing the big ones in the boat because you can chase them. But we land lots of summer steel from the bank

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Nice Steelie's there willie!!!

what pound test line you guys runnin' ?

live bait or spinners?

Fly fishing the Truckee river (cali side) on the way back from Cabela's in Reno, NV

Super windy so gave up real early, still fun though and a beaut of a river ;)

032.jpg

013.jpg

024.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My goodness what a gorgeous place Scott! What did we buy at Cabela's? I'm not a shopper but I make an exception at Bass Pro and Cabela's.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Paddled down the Econfina with the family, a beautiful little spring fed river. I took a rod, just in case, and found plenty of small, feisty bass. P6250563.jpg P6240560.jpg

Geezus, you ever do any boring stuff????????

Big Ray thats a nice size bass!

I always keep my fly pole in landcruiser, just in case! ;) ;)

Just like last weekend when me and wifester were going by the Truckee river, I told her we should stop there after Reno, she just rolled her eye's...lol

Over 100 deg. here yesterday, which means fishing day instead of work day ;) lol

Started at the middle fork but they were letting out a ton of water for the rafters so tough fishing, I couldnt get out to far to fly fish, current to strong and had to be close to shore which makes it very tough to cast because of foilage and about 30 rafters were coming down, what a pain!

Gave up after a few hours and went over to the Rubicon river where I caught a few water was calmer and I float back down holding my dry pack...way better than hiking

Middle fork....
006.jpg

Rubicon river.....Floating back, letting the current take me down...
014.jpg

Love the big rocks
020.jpg

021.jpg

012.jpg

drifting dry flies
009.jpg

Perfect solution for the high heat. Nice!!!

Ray, just holding onto my water proof pack, feet foreward and just go for it..lol

Rubicon water was nice and easy to get in but middle fork bout froze me to death, water coming out of bottom of res. burrr

Wow, is that normal temp for the Gulf in summer?

Back