Fishing 2016

He's from San Diego, it was in the fifties this am. I think they call that freezing down there

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Looks awesome. Do you guys only work two days a week and fish the rest?:lol: That arctic blast must've been tough on him. Everyday in San Diego is a beautiful day8)

What is the purpose of the large rocker in the shape of the boat hull? Thanks.

What is the purpose of the larger rocker in the shape of the boat hull? Thanks.
It gives lift in white water. The bow is actually behind me. I can stop the boat in pretty fast current and the river runs right under the boat. It's flat bottom with a big rocker. You can practically slide across a wet handkerchief. Come out sometime, I'll show ya!

This is similar to mine. Shows construction only. Can't really find anyone on you tube explaining well, boat control

It gives lift in white water. The bow is actually behind me. I can stop the boat in pretty fast current and the river runs right under the boat. It's flat bottom with a big rocker. You can practically slide across a wet handkerchief. Come out sometime, I'll show ya!

Interesting, cool, thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Slipped off to north Georgia for a few days this week for a little R & R. Caught some spotted bass, which was a first for me, channel cats, crappie, largemouths, innumerable bream and one very small striped bass. Also met up with a former co-worker and retired lineman for a ride in his fancy high dollar pontoon boat, a gift from his son. I asked my son if he was taking notes. ;)
P7220768.jpg P7220771.jpg P7220793.jpg

Awesome job on fishing Ray! hope your son "is" taking notes!! lol

Fun to hook up some new fish, how did those spotted bass taste?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful trout and gorgeous country Scott! A rainbow and two browns or is the middle one a brookie? That water in that lake is incredibly clear. What size tippet/leader do you use in those conditions?
The spotted bass were outstanding after a little bath in some hot oil;)

Back