Butter question!

And pre rinsing.....

dishwasher.jpg

Back on topic...get you some Country Crock spread, too lazy to go see whats on label, tastes real though!

Electricity is a lot more expensive than gas. A propane hob would be far better than a microwave.
How they work is very simple...

I was going to say the same, but then realized I have no idea how the costs compare in Butch's area. Here, it's just as you say Ed, though we have pretty cheap electric rates compared to many places.

I scrub the blades with a SS sponge prior to running them in the wash. So yeah.. they are clean. My chefs knives are hand washed.

Salted butter is the way to roll.... Land O Lakes is good stuff.
I feel it is better to eat butter in moderation than butter things with man made chemical concoctions.

Tell ya what... If I am in the kitchen cooking reading the forum on my lap too, or even at the dining table 20 feet away, turn the microwave on, and I lose wifi signal. That tells me a lot about microwaves.

I wouldn't doubt they dump some stuff in butter too as a preservative or some such thing and don't tell about it .

I don't doubt a microwave would leak some to screw up a wifi .Even at work the damned things might not work and just by moving 5 feet you pick up the signal .The system itself does not impress me as far as reliability .The thing is it' s cheaper than a regular LAN system .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For sure we're unknowingly doing bad things to ourselves and we don't even know it..

Just buy stick butter. It's cheap, less plastic waste, tastes great. It keeps well at room temperature and spreads like the wind blows. Yes there are healthier options. And for each healthier option there is yet another healthier option until you just end up using no spread at all. Use what tastes good, and use it in moderation. Like anything.

I say using the real stuff IS the healthiest option. All that manufactured processed fake stuff is PURE CRAP.

funny, we in Canada have butter and we have margarine (of various sources). Not much fake butter that I can say I have seen. Now when I went to camp near Gasoline's place last year, I went to the grocery store and couldnt figure out all the brands and products called 'butter'. ended up with some sort of whipped butter I didnt care for.

We also keep a small dish of butter in the cupboard, maybe 5-6 tablespoons worth when full, for the toast etc. right from the fridge is not terribly useful unless its for cooking. The only time I mix the butter and margarine is for popcorn, we mix it about 50/50 and use it almost sparingly. :D

Oh they got all kinds of gimics to sell stuff .Like so called coffee creamers which are soybean oil with a minute amount of butter fat .

I don't use the stuff myself and Mrs Smith keeps a jug of milk in the fridge for hers .Udder cola so to speak . I can't stand milk but I like butter milk .Go figure .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Besides yourself, do YOU know anyone else who drinks it?

Any other TreeHousers drink buttermilk?

Back