Butter question!

Tell ya what else if you like pastrys,home made noodles etc .The rich yolk of a duck egg makes the finest noodles in the world .

Nothing finer than a young roasted ground hog and duck egg noodles .--but you gotta be about half hillbilly now like me to totally enjoy such stuff

:D.

We raised ducks for years, ate the eggs regularly. I agree with Al, very good eggs. We had Roens...domestic mallard.

Nothing really wrong with a microwave oven, Butch. We just don't see the need for one in our home. We didn't put an automatic dishwasher in the house when we built, either. Same reason.

I thought stick butter was just butter and that margarine was hydrogenated corn or soybean oil and that was actually worse for you than the fat in butter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One or two people don't need a dishwasher, unless they have no hands. I use my microwave mostly to heat stuff up, boil water for my Taster's Choice or oatmeal. No kitchen's complete sans one, IMO.

Which one is the dishwasher in this picture?
401639-4259-19.jpg

If you look at the ingrediants in Crisco and compair it to oleo it's the same except for the yellow dye .Fact during WW2 when they rationed butter the substitute came with a small package of yellow dye so it looked like butter .Now of course over the years it's changed some what but it's still the same basically .

If I'm not mistaken they had to add some parafin to oleo when it came in stick form like butter to get it to firm up like refridgerated butter .Imagine that candle wax good grief .

My gas range top boils water in a copper kettle just fine...I can wait 3 minutes. We reheat things in either a double boiler, a rice steamer, or the oven...I can wait 10 minutes.

I'm not against them, they just don't fit into my lifestyle. There is nothing you can do in your kitchen with the microwave that I cannot do in mine without, that I'm aware of.

It takes 4 minutes to boil a cup of water or two in your microwave? Sheesh, my stove does it faster. What's the advantage, then?

Propane...instant heat. No piped gas out in these boonies. So I use gas, you use electricity...they both cost $$.

LOL @ 'properly clean,' lordy that almost sounds OC. Gimme some Joy and a sink full of hot water and I can properly clean any dirty dish. ;>)

The key to getting dishes properly clean without a dishwasher, is two sinks, one for washing with soapy water, one for rinsing with clean hot plain water.

I have done a lot of washing up by hand.

From my military service, I've washed enough dishes that I can't even compare it to a normal person.

We have two dish washers. One is called a Kitchen Aid and the other is 5 foot 6 with blond hair called Darlene .What the hey I've even been known to scrub a pan or two myself .Yes you can get the things clean without a Kitchen Aid .Fact it seldom gets used .

Back