Butter question!

Well, I doubt you have tillamook down there so my second pick would also be land o lakes. We just keep a stick on a plate in the cupboard here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
easypeasyjapanesey

23ql9x.jpg

I imagine you could say cut a stick in half and keep the rest refridgerated until you need it .It doesn't spread worth a hoot right out of the reefer .

I'm told about 5 seconds in a microwave oven makes a stick of refrigerated butter spreadable...don't know from personal experience as we don't have one.

And here I was just going to suggest we pool our money and buy you a stick:lol:

We might have some butter someplace .We do however have two microwaves and one is a convection oven as well . Plus a double oven ,3 electric roasters and a garage full of electric plug in contraptions of all shapes and sizes --- lest we not forget ,the wood stove .

Not with present wife . Prior tried to feed me half cooked chicken a time or two though ,nay to that nonsense .

Butch, Buy land of lakes whipped butter. It is real butter, its just whipped so it spreads easily. Dont get fooled though alot of the whipped butter products are light,no fat, fake, oil based etc. So read the package, i prefer salted butter to unsalted every day.

FYI the whipped butter is a little more expensive i believe.

Agreed, and I'll take REAL butter over any margarine or fake butter any day.

Wiki says butter has a 10 day shelf life. Cool.

I'm not sure where Wiki came up with that idea, but I know for a fact that butter will keep a lot longer than that sitting right there on the counter next to the stove (which is warmer than just being on the counter).

They also say eggs should be refrigerated, but I know firsthand that they will keep for at least a month sitting right on the counter. We don't keep ours that long (we eat 'em faster than that), but some friends of ours have kept eggs a month at room temp. Now, once they're washed, they must be refrigerated, as washing removes their coating.

And while we're at it, I'll take REAL sugar over any of the alternatives, too.

They also say eggs should be refrigerated, but I know firsthand that they will keep for at least a month sitting right on the counter .

Well on that cold storage eggs will last a long time .We loaded aboard whole eggs that were packed in about 1960 and the year was 1970 in Rota Spain prior to a 78 day deployment .

Now herein lies the problem .The eggs came from a refridgerated storage facilty in SC .Loaded aboard a reefer ship sent to Rota ,right straight into the reefers on the sub tender .No problem so far .

Now they sit top side in the hot August sun because from that point the only way to load the reefers on a sub is by hand,takes time couple hours .So first month,fine ,after that until about 50 days,scrambled eggs .Then after all that came the dreaded powdered eggs yuck .

We store the butter packs in the fridge, but always keep the opened pack in a little Tupperware on the worktop. We eat it faster than it goes off ;)
For that matter we never put eggs in the fridge either.

As for sugar, provided its not the whit bleached stuff, its good. Corn syrup is one of the worst things to ever happen to the food industry.

I'm not sure where Wiki came up with that idea, but I know for a fact that butter will keep a lot longer than that sitting right there on the counter next to the stove (which is warmer than just being on the counter).

They also say eggs should be refrigerated, but I know firsthand that they will keep for at least a month sitting right on the counter. We don't keep ours that long (we eat 'em faster than that), but some friends of ours have kept eggs a month at room temp. Now, once they're washed, they must be refrigerated, as washing removes their coating.

You are dead on with that, butter will go weeks at atleast at room temp, from what I've seen. And yup the eggs last along time too at room temp if they're unwashed.

Over the years they've figured out about a million things to screw up our taste buds so we don't even know what things are supposed to taste like .

Now eggs ,hard to beat a duck egg .You feed the hens high protien chicken laying mash .The duck hens unlike a chicken will spit out more than one egg a day and they are big ones .If the ducks are fed right they aren't strong flavored as one might expect .

You gotta keep snatching the eggs because once she gets a clutch of a dozen to twenty she'll sit on them .I've seen the pekins hatch out as many as 18 which is cute as can be .18 little quackers in a row following mama duck .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sugar is poison and I'll never believe otherwise.

Burnham, what's wrong with a microwave?

Microwaves are questionable imo.

We have one, but I rarely to never use it.

Seems like black magic to me.

Back