Broken aluminum ring

• Thread starter Tobe Sherrill
  • Start date
  • Replies 205
  • Views 27K
I received a certified letter as well, all the way over here.

To clarify again, the recall applies only to the SMALL rings with NO INSCRIPTION on them, individual rings or ones that may be incorporated into gear.

Pretty sure I'd send back a large, unmarked ring as well. Funk unmarked gear, period. If the MFG isn't proud enough to put their name on it, why buy it?

Recall letter, zoom at will....hopefully the lettering will be legible:

Attachments

• windsorwork010.jpg
    windsorwork010.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 20
brooken aluminum ring

All aluminum rings are not the same. The ones in question are the ones made by King Snaps for KONG and imported directly from King by US Rigging and Spyder Mfg. I met L.C. Chiang, owner King Snaps, at a Trade Show in Las Vegas severial years ago and he should me items that he manufactured for KONG including the rings with an edge around the outside. I am not quite sure if Mr. Chaing was ever informed as to how the rings were being used for life support. The classic 8 and the figure 8 with ears have never been an issue and King has been making those for Kong also. My feelings at the time were King was making KONG product so I assumed that they had a handle on the safety factor. I first tested the rings while working for US Rigging and the results were all over the map but none broke below 4,200 lbs. It became apparent to me that some of the rings were still made by KONG and did not have the edge around them. How many bad batches were made by King for KONG, US Rigging and Sherilltree we will never know. I was having dinner with Denny Moorehouse at a TCI Show and he informed me I might have problems with King and that was the last time I ordered from that ouffit.
I do know for a fact that the rings by King were sold to the top 15 arborists suppliers by US Rigging and many an end user by Sherrill who was duped by KONG. So if your rings are polished or gold like the ones Rich tested and not marked with an edge around them please do not use them ever again. I did stop by US Rigging and discussed the situation with the new owner Mr. Walker hopefully they to will step up and announce a recall as well.

I see how Tobe is handling this issue in a most stand up manner and is looking out for everyone the Industry,my hats off to Sherrilltree.
Nice detective work Blinky. See me in Baltimore booth 427 Late Doug Heim

Back