2 Oaks dismantled from the bucket

mistahbenn

Treehouser
We take down two oak trees over two days, day 1, get the brush off and chipped, day 2, rig the wood and remove it... As always, we have wires, rooves and tight landing zones, but the owner is having a new driveway put in, hence the removal. Watch in 1080p

Just editing day 2, rigging of all the wood. Will upload when done.

http://youtu.be/WsFNCmAD2So

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WsFNCmAD2So" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From the youtube page where you got the link you posted, click on the 'embed' button instead and then copy the embed code.

Pull the screen out of that 200T and adjust the carb a little and it will run much stronger. It sounds just awful in the beginning of the video.

Just watched the whole video. Nice job, Ben. Very nice demonstration of double rigging on the second tree. Looks like the guy on the right rope finally got the hint and began lowering a bit quicker. :P

Cool vid.

With a center mount truck, do you guys just stack brush and chip in the end? Or would you stow the boom and do a chipping spree?

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n_GYhoMCdkQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That saw is cherry, big trees- nice job!

Did Rob buy that mini loader?

I wish!! No, Brendon it's a rental. We had it last week for a big silver maple takedown too, it's a sweet machine.......i think the crew likes it. Nice work as usual Ben.....I'll keep it coming if you guys keep cracking it out! Change it up a bit next week, have a load of pruning and planting for you guys.

Yeah! Good work, good video work as well.

Just one suggestion for Ben to work on, if I may...it might take some doing to break the bad habit...which is not wrapping his thumb around the handle.

Well done Ben and crew!
Curious to know a few times you made cuts with the drift line above your saw. Were you at max reach so not able to be above the rope to make the cuts? Or could have left more slack in the drift line to keep it below?

Nice job. Any crane access for that job? Is there much crane work in your area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well done Ben and crew!
Curious to know a few times you made cuts with the drift line above your saw. Were you at max reach so not able to be above the rope to make the cuts? Or could have left more slack in the drift line to keep it below?

Yep at max reach with the boom! The drift line only comes into play when I move out of the way, the 'white' line takes the initial hit, then I move.

You may be right, but that seems high for a day rate, unless it is a huge crane. If you could get a 33t for 8 hrs on that job for $1200 would it be worth it? Hard to tell for sure without being there first hand, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could knock the job out in 8 hrs total with a crane, along with the equipment you have.

Back