interesting rigging configuration

Add me to that, Jed..... I've only utilized zip lining for 26 freakin years now, in just about all imaginable configurations. It's the bee's knees...the cat's meow..... it's always a labor saver, usally a time saver, and cool as shit, too boot!

Add me to that, Jed..... I've only utilized zip lining for 26 freakin years now, in just about all imaginable configurations. It's the bee's knees...the cat's meow..... it's always a labor saver, usally a time saver, and cool as shit, too boot!
Not to mention the reaction from the customer! Not something we use every week, but it definitely has it's place. My most memorable was a pine in a cemetery surrounded by headstones. Lowering would have been a giant pain in the butt and required considerable ground help and a lot more clean up. Whatever it takes to make the job easier, faster and safer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My first Speeline was a 110'+ tulip over a rose garden.... I'd strap up a big lead, think to myself.. "this weighs less than pick up truck"... and cut it... Luck of the Irish..

Another particularly memorable SL was in a very compromised tree.. the kind you'd either climb or rig from , but not both... Set a SL in the adjacent tree, right behind the bad tree and sent it all flying without a thought...

My first Speeline was a 110'+ tulip over a rose garden.... I'd strap up a big lead, think to myself.. "this weighs less than pick up truck"... and cut it... Luck of the Irish..

Another particularly memorable SL was in a very compromised tree.. the kind you'd either climb or rig from , but not both... Set a SL in the adjacent tree, right behind the bad tree and sent it all flying without a thought...

That would be ZIP-lining, eh?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah... Reg and August have it down, for sure.

I've often lamented on the one hand and rejoiced on the other, that no two trees are the same. The lamentation is that you never get a pure scientific scenario in which to race yourself between two different methods.

The rejoicing part is for nearly the same reason.

Ya, and when you do something enough you know what's faster... skid steer is fast.. that's for sure... when I first got it Lowered a 30' maple limb, maybe 12-14" at the cut... lowering line was set up right over some small shrubs... Skid op came in and grabbed it before it hi the ground, pulled it back from the bushes, groundie untied, while i was resetting and getting ready to vut the next piece, skid op moved the whole limb in one piece over the shrubs in the yard, out to the street and stuffed it in the chipper.. untouched by human hands.. Op came back just in time to grab the next piece... I knew this was going to be good.

Ya, and when you do something enough you know what's faster... skid steer is fast.. that's for sure... when I first got it Lowered a 30' maple limb, maybe 12-14" at the cut... lowering line was set up right over some small shrubs... Skid op came in and grabbed it before it hi the ground, pulled it back from the bushes, groundie untied, while i was resetting and getting ready to vut the next piece, skid op moved the whole limb in one piece over the shrubs in the yard, out to the street and stuffed it in the chipper.. untouched by human hands.. Op came back just in time to grab the next piece... I knew this was going to be good.
I know the feeling, we had a large garden (or "yard" as he called it as he was American) to clear out and burn in the adjacent field, I had bought the grab for the tractor with the job in mind. Within half an hour I had the warm and fuzzy feeling that everything was going to be a lot better in my life.

Back