How'd it go today?

No, brother in laws. My father is tougher. My father endures physical hell and doesn't miss a day of work, ever, for any reason. My father broke his ankle one afternoon in the driveway when I was a kid. My mom made him go to the ER. The put a cast on it. The next day he plugged in a curcular saw and set the depth 1/2" ad cut his cast off. Stuffed the broken ankle in a boot, cursed a few times, and staggered off to work.

Um, that's pretty tuff, if you aint lyin;) but whats wrong with an ankle cast?

Musta been nice and clean. When I twisted my ankle damn near off. I couldn't have fit it in any boot I owned 24hrs later. Six weeks on crutches for me.

My season is ripping along. Starting to get real busy.

Phone is ringing off the hook. Feels like I am selling a job or so a day. We are booked well into July. All this running around is paying off, but I feel it too much. Kids 4H, Scouts... Animals... Dance lessons. Work... Fell I need a vacation and it ain't gonna happen.

I dont have to wait till the end of the day to report how today went, because I know its gonna be shit. Same as the last 3, topped off with being sick. Right now I would give up treework in a heartbeat, if I could afford it. Bad month this one.

This too shall pass, Reg. Sorry to hear it.

Aren't there those times where a guy feels like taking an easy job with little responsibility and a salary? Usually short lived feelings.

Reg, it's really time you started doing your own thing, ie keep all the money!!!!! (Apart from what Uncle Sam is due of course!)
Yeah its years overdue, thanks, you're right....but time is never my own to fully commit. It will change but probably not for a couple of years yet. Everything has come to a head this April....I tell you, by the end of the month my bank balance is gonna be down to zero if I'm lucky. Just circumstances, not for lack of working. I'll get through it though:)

Edit: and thanks Sean.

I dont have to wait till the end of the day to report how today went, because I know its gonna be shit. Same as the last 3, topped off with being sick. Right now I would give up treework in a heartbeat, if I could afford it. Bad month this one.

Wow, I gotta say, sounds a lot like my life lately, I swear I could not work one iota harder even if there was a gun to my head, and I'm not getting ahead.

It definitely aint. I hope and assume it will pass like most bad situations eventually cave to sustained hard work, but right now, it feels freakin weird there's been so much adversity. It aint like I had my legs blown off in the Boston Marathon, or something else truly brutal, but I'm ready for a change.

Hey that's my career in a nutshell. The ground is soaked here. Water is sitting on top of the ground. Work on lawns is a real bitch right now. Foot traffic is enough to ruin turf. I quit a job halfway through today and told the HO that the place needed to dry out for a few days or we would both regret if I kept going. Cleaned up the first removal and left. I did however, happen upon a big dead beaver and told the groundie to pull over for a photo shoot.

Wow, that thing's a pig.

Small removals and small pruning today. Chased down a guy who had stolen a phone from a prostitute. He turned out to be a dealer, and, I guess she owed him some money. Man, my friend and I could't even believe that that stuff went on in Bellevue.

Nice shot, Chris. You are so right, we had mud season here a couple weeks ago, tough to get damn near anything done, its like pulling teeth. I had this one big job, custom made for a crane, but I beat my brains in doing it by hand cuz I was worried about the crane on the driveway during mud season. And sure enough, we had to go nuts protecting the driveway just for the bucket and chip truck etc. I think a crane would actually gotten stuck in the paved driveway, woulda gone right thru. Hell when we were leaving, walking on the driveway was making it sink.

What did you do with Mr Beaver, something tells me Tucker943 did not just leave it there, musta utilized it some way, somehow, beyond the pic

I hate seeing roadkill, although it is probably a sign of a plentiful species.

Noooooo. I don't touch roadkill. I once found a dead cow over a guard rail too. No one claimed the bastard either. The township had to get a backhow to deal with it after a week.

I mad kickass fur hats out of fox and coon, back in the day.

Hey that's my career in a nutshell. The ground is soaked here. Water is sitting on top of the ground. Work on lawns is a real bitch right now. Foot traffic is enough to ruin turf. I quit a job halfway through today and told the HO that the place needed to dry out for a few days or we would both regret if I kept going. Cleaned up the first removal and left. I did however, happen upon a big dead beaver and told the groundie to pull over for a photo shoot.

Shoulda got the fur Chris....

I've been crazy busy guys.

Building a new shop while keeping up with the port work. Working late and weekends too.

Remind me how much fun porting these saws is.......I'm having trouble remembering.

Hey Randy: How much to port a 201? How much for a 200? I'm super hit and miss at the cylinder part, so.... just asking.

Back