How'd it go today?

I've got a day of tomorrow.One of my two or three a month or so it seems of late .

Did manage to roll the lumps out of the yard .I've got a little asphault roller .The kind they use for driveways .Does a fine job just a little on the slow side .You can mash a mole tunnel flat as a pancake but you can't squash a mole with a roller .They must be made of rubber .

Truck belt broke Saturday on highway + didnt finish job till 8:00pm. Took us a few hours to get truck off highway got home at 1am.

Happy Easter. Fixed truck Had a Mcdonalds for dinner because if I dont cook we dont eat in. We had a #1,#11, and some kids meals.
There was a plus my whole family usually comes over so I didnt have entertain or clean mess up after dinner.
Most relaxin Easter yet
Hope everyone had a HAPPY EASTER

Brutal today. Full on rain, all day. Humped two sizeable trees out of a fenced in yard, no mini access. Willa and a cottonweed. I am beat up and down.

Taking down some big ass American elm for around here. Is the wood good for anything?

Seen my comps chip truck rolled on a fire access road this afternoon, I just happened to drive by and loon up the trail because I'd recently been there. It was a brushing type job I passed on, didn't make sense to me what the owners wanted to do.

I'm not familiar with American Elm, but all the other Elms I have used are certainly potentially good woods with a myriad of uses. Elm is strong, the way the grain knits itself.

I did a 'lil solo job today that I'd bid at $400. After knocking it out in 2.5 hours, I knocked a hunnert off the price. The lady couldn't believe I did that. I think of it as a $100 investment in future work. :drink:

Vermeer sc652 65hp. I only put 7 1/2 hours on the ticker the rest was driving around the golf course getting to all of them.

Stumping rocks. Um, I mean its fun, if there aint no rocks.

Maybe if you are super intelligent like that guy that got knocked in the head and now sees complex mathematical geometric patterns wherever he looks, grinding stumps wouldn't be boring.

Uh, yeah thats me, I got beaned by a grapefruit sized boulder, now I even like the tree business in general.

Yup. I hate grinding stumps.

Jay you're not familiar with American elm? What about the rest of you? I thought it was all over down there.

Back