How'd it go today?

Raining like hell today. Phone calls and emails back and forth with web design firm. Day started with a call from an old miserable sounding lady from a lousy part of the nearby city of Scranton. "Just so you know, Im getting plenty of bids so I don't get ripped off"...

Gotcha. Don't wait on me.

I was thinking that also. Not a lot of O. W. Boilers out there?

Firewood is worth very little here, you couldn't give away the wood in that pile. The only good flavors of wood in that pile were really wolfy or rotten. Mostly all junk like cottonwoods and poplars and crap. This is logging country. primo firewood delivered is worth $200 a cord, no face cords in these parts. Most of that would never have fit in any outdoor boiler I've seen around these parts unless it was ripped down first.

i am half the crew. Always.

I don't know if I read you right Justin, but I was thinking this. If I'm ever not on a job as part of the crew, they get it all if something comes in the mail. As well, various other perks, like Erik has been using either my car or truck since summer when he blew his engine, some cash here and there, especially when he has a trip to take, etc.

Chris, funny, I've never been accused of being the perfect boss either.

Was driving down highway 98 from Apalachicola and saw a bald eagle on a sand bar about 50 yards off the road. There was another eagle in about thigh deep water a few yards from the first one paddling with his wings toward the sandbar. I pulled off the road to watch and he would make great pushes with his wings and was making slow, labored progress but seemed exhausted. I had a feeling he had a big flounder in his claws but couldn't see anything and finally he burst up out of the water and flew in a circle over the spot as a cormorant's head popped up. Didn't look like he was feeling too sporty but the eagle didn't make a second attempt. I've seen them eat waterfowl and egrets but didn't know they'd eat a cormorant. I imagine the cormorant had eight pretty serious puncture wounds but he swam off. Wish I had a video cam.

Snow and ice last night. Warming the chip truck up this morning and the cab fills with smoke. Open the door of the cab and it was electrical smoke. I was like "frig, the chip truck is going to burn". So I pulled it forward away from another truck and shut it off. I couldn't get to the fire extinguisher because the passenger door was shut. Turned out to be a burning up blower motor for the vent/defrost. I pulled the fuse and went.

And got an awesome laugh today. My dad is prescribed OxyContin. He broke his back in his 20's when he got run over by a truck on his dirtbike, broke both legs years ago, has degenerative disc disease, and fell off of a roof and broke 13 bones in his ankles and feet a few years ago. The man lives and agony, yet never misses a single day of pounding nails. Works 7 days a week. Back to story, he is prescribed a daily regimen of some powerful shit. My mother, who hasn't had any sort of chemical in her body in my whole life, took his oxycontin by accident a few days ago. She didn't have her contacts in before work and thought she was taking her medication (blood pressure or some shit like that). She got to work and didn't know what was happening to her. She was trashed out of her mind! She eventually figured out what she did and had someone take her home. She was wrecked all day! Hahahahahaha.

The neck is giving me grief. My own fault I imagine though. We took a decent Cherry down a week ago and the muscles went into spasm. I had some pain for a few days , but feeling better everyday.

Low and slow, low and slow, Bud.

Remember, hydration!! (he types just having finished his third cup of coffee and no water yet to speak of, and referring to himself in the third person, ha)

Are you using some sort of heat and/ or cold therapy, or massage?

What a trip. How's the back, speaking of pain killers?

Hows the back? HORRIBLE. They wont give me painkillers until my MRI because my doctor is afraid of writing scripts for them. In the mean time they have me on my second round of steroids, meloxicam, valium, zanflex, and some topical crap they had blended up in a lab in Georgia. None of which are helping really except the steroids. They make me feel like God for a day.

Get some Arnica Gel Chris. It's all natural but works incredibly well. Often it comes with Arnica pills.

Hydration is key Sean. Two coffees followed by beer in the evening. Not right now, but that is my norm. Now that you mention it, I haven't been drinking enough. Massage is the only thing that seems to help. The doc said I didn't need PT because my strength came right back.

Wow. right back!

I have water on the knee. I actually saw the swelling go down during an acupuncture/ electrostim appointment. A many pronged approach??

I'm getting up for water now!

Funny story about your parents, Chris.

OK, it begs the question, who is tougher, your father or yo uncle. I assume they are brothers.

Back