Tommie Copper Clothing

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Have any of you heard about this copper infused thread clothing? The reviews are nothing but good, I'm gonna give the gloves a shot. It will be awesome if they do what everyone says they do.

http://www.tommiecopper.com/

<iframe width="500" height="323" src="//www.ispot.tv/share/723w" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The middle finger of my left hand feels like the knuckle is becoming arthritic. The others are starting to ache, too. It's from holding a saw and gripping the pistol grip of a bucket. I rotate as much as I can, but I still have to use it.

I've got a T-shirt coming, I hope it lives up to the hype. I did find some negative reviews on them, but not many and one blogger that didn't trust the reviews so he bought one on his own just to find out and was nothing but impressed with how well it worked.
I'll try anything to get some relief, so I hope it helps a little at least!

My shirt is supposed to be here tomorrow, but I'll be in court most of the day so I wont know anything until Friday.

If you drive past an accident site where someone was run over by a car and the body has already been removed.
How can you well if it was a lawyer or a dog that was run over?

If it was a dog, there'll be skidmarks.

Have a logger buddy that swears by wearing a copper bracelet for pain relief. If this seems good to you Butch I’ll tell him about this line of clothing.

Must say I’m a little surprised though, Timber Faller Gloves being $ .80 a pair and all....

Just struck my funny bone Justin. Butch posts objections to things so often based on price. I’m looking at it and thinking of all the benefits I get in increased productivity and how soon an item will pay for itself etc.. This time it is reversed. I love $10 a dozen timber faller gloves and Butch is happy to pay a bunch more for a set. Just my odd sense of humor.

Motivation is everything. I’d pay a lot more for clothing to if it gave me some result I wanted.

HuH? I'm just doing anything I can to stop this pain in my left hand.

Butch, I'm still like a pig trying to use a door knob with regard to posting stuff here. Second time I've managed to lose a draft of a post I spent a long time writing. So this time I'll try to keep it simple. Four things to try.

1.) Celery seed pills

2.) Gin-soaked golden raisins

3.) Chondroitin and Glucosamine, in pill form.

4.) Lasertouchone, a device that's expensive, but that some people swear by. I think it's meant to be held close to the sites on your body that are experiencing pain. Promotes healing through increased blood flow, I think.

Tim

It means that I don't "get it." :drink:

I think the things I listed fall under the heading of "home remedies"; along the way in life some people have noticed that using certain substances has provided relief of symptoms for different things. I guess I'd think of it in a way like how the Native Americans in this country might find out that some root or herb had medicinal properties. Someone had to be the first to notice a connection between ingesting some substance and some perceived, but unexpected result. A lot of the time, the people who use the stuff cannot explain how or why it works. They just know that for them it seems to work. The gin-soaked raisins thing is a good example. People soak the golden raisins in gin, let the alcohol evaporate off over time, and ingest the raisins a few at a time when they feel arthritis pain. You can probably find a video online that shows people making them. I think it's also possible to buy them. Anyway, the idea that you don't need to understand how something works in order to derive the benefit of using it is the crux of the issue. For the people that get relief with the use of something, the why does not matter. Can it hurt to try something for a while to see if it helps? With glucosamine and chondroitin, (used together in pill form) the idea is that you are attempting to replace lubricants in the joints that may be depleted, I think. Glucosamine/chondroitin is something you're supposed to use for a few weeks to let it build up in your system.
Anyway, that is the best explanation I can come up with at the moment for why to try alternative cures. It might work, or it might not, but you'll never know unless you try it. Thanks for listening.
P.S. I've tried the celery seed, and I think it does provide me with some relief when my hands are hurting a bit.

They get good reviews, so I why not. I just ordered a shirt and a pair of socks.

I'm on my feet 12-14 hours a day usually, damn my feet and back hurt at the end of a long day. The ole back is stiff as a 2x6 in the mornings. We'll see what happens with this.

Back