Gerbing Heated Clothing

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
I drove past this place in Oly today. Never heard of them, or heated clothing aside from gloves and boots. For some cold weather climates, it could be an antidote like the CoolVest for hot weather. Haven't looked at the site. Oly is too temperate for me to buy heated clothing.

http://www.gerbing.com/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The mountain stuff that I looked at didn't look too bad. Any good 800 fill down jacket will run you at LEAST $250, I'd guess, off the top of my head, so ~$350 for heated isn't too bad. Make it last for 10 seasons of the really cold days, and $35/ year isn't anything.

I imagine you don't have much need for a heated down jacket, Butch.

Hmmmm
Generally my rule of thumb about battery operated stuff is stick to flash lights, computers out of only necessity, phones (see computers), Power tools... And things to torture the wife with.... (see power tools)...

Those Milwaukee jackets are nice. I know two people who have them and I made sure to "try" them both as long as I could.

Going on my 3rd winter now with mine.
Three heat settings [red white and blue] and toasty warm on low , -5F today and only wearing a T shirt underneath.

Attachments

• 20131120_132645.jpg
    20131120_132645.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20131120_121749.jpg
    20131120_121749.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 37
That is one crappy homepage. No information about the different items whatever.

I'm thinking about making a setup for my Swiss lady's horsedrawn carriage with a car battery and heated gloves and socks.
It won't be Gerbing, I guess.

You can buy the pads etc separately Stig. You could also put a little friction powered dynamo on one of the wheels to keep it charged.

I just found a company that have what I seek: http://www.ventureheat.com/p-421-12v-heated-motorcycle-boot-insoles.aspx

Insoles and glove liners.
I figured on putting a motorcycle or car battery behind the seat and a plug for a charger.
The carriage is being garaged indoors, with plenty of 220 volt near by.

I can set that up at home, ready to mount, so I just have to buy the battery in Switzerland. About $400 all together incl. charger.
That would make a nice winter surprise.

I've seen and tried some battery heated gloves owned by a friend, mainly marketed to people riding motorcycles. They seemed real nice with different heat settings and the rechargeable batter held a long charge. I called them to see if they thought chainsaw vibrations would be detrimental to heated wires, they said probably.

Back