Who wants the baddest mini loader on the market?

You are welcome.
My decision was easy, I was mainly doing firewood, needed something small I could haul 100 miles each way on the trailer, with the wood, and load logs on the trailer. Secondary for me was tree work, and third was the ability to get into fenced back yards to do small concrete jobs and such that most contractors wouldn't do reasonably.

I doubt having a mini loader could make me fat. there was time when all I did outside of working in a factory was play pool and drink beer, and I still barely made it up to 150 lbs. Now for a noob question, mini or chipper for first machinery purchase?

And do you have log value? A mini and tag axle can move a valuable log that would otherwise become firewood.

That's another good point to consider. Now that you mention that, I had a dead tree to firewood project at one of my mowing clients that got stalled due to snow, but I could have brought the logs out with the mini, then processed them. And wood to the mill is just another plus on top of that. thanks for the advice

A good grapple truck service avoids a dump truck and chipper. Chipping is very useful sometimes, and my most frequent means of brush disposal.

Any money paid for disposing of chips or can you sell or give away?

Right now any chips go to the wife's garden and fruit tree mulching (as long as its not black walnut), as the business grows that might change but for now she'll take whatever I get. I can even use walnut to mulch my black locust grove (retirement firewood patch). Have not yet had to pay to dispose of anything. I have a few places happy to receive firewood as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn, Andy! Link my store!

http://compactequipmentstore.com/products/branch-manager-grapple

I started with a chipper first, wish I would have gone the mini route and skipped the chipper all together. I use a mini excavator and gooseneck dump trailer these days... Now with a grapple saw that cost more than most minis last year! I sell both (minis and chippers), so no bais that way.

I'm sorry Carl! I went to the Branch Manager site but couldn't get a direct link to work. I was just wanting to show a pic and know you'd make a better deal on the package anyway.

Right now any chips go to the wife's garden and fruit tree mulching (as long as its not black walnut), as the business grows that might change but for now she'll take whatever I get. I can even use walnut to mulch my black locust grove (retirement firewood patch). Have not yet had to pay to dispose of anything. I have a few places happy to receive firewood as well.

So, what I hear is you have materials with value.

I at least try to get a meal out of wood chips..."yes, we can bring you this load around the corner, if you'll order a pizza delivery for the crew. "

No free lunch...a good trade.

Just took about 5 or 6 yards a half mile or less, 25 bucks. Dinner and 5 bucks to spare.

Had a repeat request for chips and offer to pay from a customer today.

A repeat tree customer needs some curb appeal for sale of the house. Getting paid to mulch the beds.

Back