Who wants the baddest mini loader on the market?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you have a loader now, Wood Slinger?

List price is going to be around $35k, John, we will sell them for less.

I would suggest you do everything you can to fast track a mini. Once you have one production will double if not triple. No more sore backs and it will pay off VERY quickly in labor savings. My s800 paid for itself in the first year of service.

I agree! A mini turns a one man show into a three man show, a three man show into a six man show! You can't imagine the productivity it produces for the money!

I want one Carl, I'll give you my wife's cell number and you can try to sell it to her, deal?:lol:

Carl, do you think 48hp makes sense? I rarely find it necessary or advantageous to run my SK650 (31.5hp) over 2/3 throttle, as tread slippage becomes more of a factor than hp.
Curious what your thoughts are.

Why not just get a Gehl or Avant? Tracks can be nice, but...

Slinger, a mini will make you fat too, just like a Wraptor.

I agree! A mini turns a one man show into a three man show, a three man show into a six man show! You can't imagine the productivity it produces for the money!

I want one Carl, I'll give you my wife's cell number and you can try to sell it to her, deal?:lol:

Sounds like a plan!

Carl, do you think 48hp makes sense? I rarely find it necessary or advantageous to run my SK650 (31.5hp) over 2/3 throttle, as tread slippage becomes more of a factor than hp.
Curious what your thoughts are.

It's an emissions issue mainly. More hp the merrier in my opinion for a more versatile machine, you don't have to use full throttle if you don't want to. The extra power will be handy running something like a mower in hills, for example. A single auxiliary circuit can soak up ~31hp by themselves, assuming a 20% inefficiency and rated flow at rated pressure. Tree work isn't hp intensive, since running the grapple is fairly low flow as the pressure increases. My track loader has 92hp, I wish it had way more when running my mower and other high flow attachments.

Why not just get a Gehl or Avant? Tracks can be nice, but...

A machine for every occasion is my premise. The 900HD should push way harder than the Gehl Al140, which has been discontinued anyways.

No, but it's dimensionally considerably larger while lifting less. The 340 has less hp but lifts more. The 540 has the same hp, slightly less aux flow, and can pick the 900HD up without issue.

Thanks Carl.
In comparing the specs to those of the SK650, the Boxer's extra 16 hp are not gaining you much additional auxiliary hydraulic flow (~3gpm?) at the same rated rpm.

I'm not sure if I'm correct but the extra HP would help sustain that flow better by being able to hold the rpm better under load.

There are two circuits on the 900HD. Another large hp draw is the drive system. My previous track loader could and would stall itself pushing dirt too aggressively, the new loader has a load management system to prevent stalling the engine.

I doubt having a mini loader could make me fat. there was time when all I did outside of working in a factory was play pool and drink beer, and I still barely made it up to 150 lbs. Now for a noob question, mini or chipper for first machinery purchase?

I doubt having a mini loader could make me fat. there was time when all I did outside of working in a factory was play pool and drink beer, and I still barely made it up to 150 lbs. Now for a noob question, mini or chipper for first machinery purchase?

Depends on the work you do, the ease of getting rid of brush and size of trees you take down.
If you have a decent trailer, can haul brush easy and have a place to get rid of it, mini fist.
If you are doing a lot with large wood and killing the crew buy the end of the day, mini first.
If you are dealing with smaller, bushy trees that have lots of limbs (Bradford Pears come to mind) get a chipper first.
You just have to look at what you are doing, what you are wanting to do, and where your weakness are, then fill that void first.

Back