Who else doesn’t have a butt?

Treeaddict

Treehouser
Since I don’t have a rear end to hold up my saddle, suspenders are a must. My military surplus from eBay won’t stay tight and need constant readjusting.

Any recommendations? What do you all use. Anyone gifted with a proper hind quarters need not reply😁

I'm surprised the military straps don't stay adjusted. If you like them aside from that, perhaps a couple stitches would keep them in place.

Weaver works pretty good. Set up for their saddles. Willard posted a set he liked in a thread somewhere that looked comfy. I have a tree austria saddle and it has a suspender option that is fall arrest rated.
I also suffer from No Assatall

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good to know about the Camp.

I don’t run the s light though. It’s just the Treemotion, an older model but I’m nearly sure it’s still made.

I may end up with the Monkey Beaver. They aren’t cheap but I know they will be great.

I’ve thought about getting one myself but after my most recent saddle adjustment it tends to stay on me quite well with just a top handle. The 500i becomes a bit of an issue. I’m tempted to get the new treemotion pro but I don’t really need to. I don’t climb a whole lot since we have a bucket truck.

I do have a butt so that may be a factor but for me the rear bungees were too tight. They didn’t seem that way on the ground but as I would ball up and move in the tree they would pull hard enough to force the back of the harness down. Loosening them and adjusting my “bridge suspension” point (I forget what they’re called, the adjustment for changing the distribution of weight in your legs or back). Then the harness began to sit a little higher and grab more onto my hips than my butt. Idk if that helps anyone 🤷‍♂️

I understand what you mean with the saddle pulling itself down. I wish that was my issue- easier fix😉. Now that you mentioned the balling up, I think elastic type suspenders would be useful. I’m constantly pulling my current suspenders back onto my shoulders when they loosen from my contorting. I remember either Weaver or Buckingham make the elastics

I’ll take a closer look at my camp harness. I’m only 5ft 7, 170lbs of muscle. I believe I didn’t really have any adjustment left in the harness and it had an equalizing effect on the two back straps that just didn’t work for me. Might work for someone taller/bigger

I can’t forget my belt regarding my work uniform or I’ll be mooning everyone. I see guys walk in the shop and get in trouble for not having their belt on. Never a problem for me!

I didn’t have a butt til a muscle in my back was torn in half wrestling in high school. Ruined my chances of ever joining the military. After a couple years of living in pain I got interested in working out. Gaining 30lbs of muscle stopped my back from hurting and gave me a bit of a butt. Whenever I talk about my climbing pants (clogger zero 2’s) my girlfriend always says, “ oh! Are those the pants that make your butt look good?!” Lol

I will do a little more trial with my camp srt harness. If it proves to be better for taller/bigger people someone here is welcomed to take it off my hands for shipping costs

Back