What is a decent price for 1 gal of bar oil these days?

looks like tractorsupply is $12. They're usually about the cheapest. Canola went up a good bit. Walmart was out of store brand gallons when I last went there, but wesson was $10, as opposed to walmart brand that was $4 1-2 years ago.

I pay $12.
But I buy it buy the barrel, probably more expensive by the gallon.

I get canola at Costco. Ordering a drum would be cheaper.

$13.49/ 1.5 gallons

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-093626_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-093626_Chrome.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 2
Yay! A bar oil thread!!!
Our equivalent of home depot sells a litre for $10. I don't buy from there.

I've used Tractor Supply bar lube for years, usually $8-9 per gallon. They have it on sale every December for $6-7. Unfortunately since oil has gone up they are now $11.99 per gallon. Still cheapest around these parts. When it goes on sale, stock up for the year. Beats having to buy quarts of motor oil at the convenience store when you run out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went to Tractor supply, got it for $12/gal, but Depot is closer, next time I'll go there and spend the extra dollar ($13/gal)

Thanks for all the responses

TSC in this area last I checked was no longer selling that house brand bar oil " County Line " I think .Instead they got the bright idea to sell Husqvarna brand at more than Stihl sells it for .Obviously being a tight wad I don't buy it . I've got three, four gallons which is enough no more than I use .

Right now, $13 at the local hardware store. I should look at Tractor Supply next time around. There is a fairly new store in my area, opened about the time covid hit, so I have never been in the place.

Last I remember paying for bar oil I paid $4 a gallon when menards had a sweet deal on it. That’s been quite a few years though. I asked how many they had and the guy said that pallet is the last of it. I told him to get the fork lift.
I don’t even bother to ask at work. I just call in and the dealer has everything ready when I show up. Usually half a dozen cases at a time. I just sign for it and leave

There is another in town at the Coast to Coast hardware store I can get for about a dollar more. Ill check into where Chases buys and the brand on the hardware store.

Back