What do you carry

Pocket knife, always. Wenger standard issue. I went to the airshow Sunday and had to stick it on the corner post of a chain link fence. There was a gap between the dirt and concrete. Damn Homeland Security. What am I gonna do, kidnap a F-16?

When I was 18 I got all drunk and pulled a bootknife on a "buddy" that was trying to score my girlfriend. It was a pathetic display. These days I try to carry myself with confidence which probably comes across as arrogance.

Glock 29 (10mm Auto). Guaranteed to punch through the hardest head. Concealed usually, sometimes open.

Good luck with that here.
2 Year mandatory sentence if you get caught carrying a gun ( concealed or otherwise).

You can't even carry a knife here, After a considerable bunch of knifings by our muslim minority, knives were banned.
Stupid, but what can you do.

Except for carrying 2 fists, 2 feet and a hard head!

When I was 18 I got all drunk and pulled a bootknife on a "buddy" that was trying to score my girlfriend. It was a pathetic display. These days I try to carry myself with confidence which probably comes across as arrogance.

You did that too? I did the same in a crowded bar. I feel really crushingly embarrassed when I remember it.

I've spent years bartending and I've seen good AND bad things happen. WAY more good things, IME.

It's ALL what/how YOU make it. :drink:

V, in regards to gun storage, thats one of the rules up here, guns and ammo in locked safe, firing mechanism disabled (trigger lock, cable etc). If storing in a safe then the ammo can be in the same safe, if the guns are just 'disabled' from firing the ammo has to be stored in a secure other location. For the insurance, it makes sense that there is a dollar value, any items worth it should be appraised and insured for their true value.

Pretty much the same rules in Mass, Paul. I agree with it... and I don't.

That's akin to draining the gas and oil from your chainsaws each day and storing them separately under lock and key. Totally absurd.....an unloaded gun is a cudgel....:roll:

Here, guns have to be locked in a "proper containment" arrangement, and ammo stored separately, the location of the keys to the locks only known by the person (and not family) that has obtained the proper license. Annual police inspection in your home to make sure the rules are being followed. Carried knife lengths are down to a few inches after some idiot went nuts in a crowded part of Tokyo. If you have cause to be carrying knives, like a chef or possibly working in the woods or jungle or something, you can skirt the rule. Have cause, will carry. :D It is soooooo stupid, that one person's rampage can inconvenience millions. Guns are usually only used by crime syndicate people hurting each other, an unlicensed regular person would have a hard time obtaining one illegally. As for knives, every kitchen in the country has illegal ones if they were carried, and folks don't hesitate to be criminals in this regard if they are a little out of it. It is outlawing carrying something that is available everywhere. :roll: I often wonder if the knife laws are made by politicians wanting to gain every possible advantage against people being sick of the way they do their jobs.

Hold on, Mr. Burglar... I have to go unlock my ammo.... almost there.... just gotta unlock the gun cabinet... oh shoot, you'll have to wait a bit more, while I undo this trigger lock... there! Now I can shoot you.

F'in puhlease.... :roll:

I remember the first time a sheriff here offered me a ride home whilst walking home form a shift one night...
Sheriff, "Are you carrying any weapons, guns, knives or anything sir?"
Me, "Why yessir, you see this sachel, it is full of knives and there is one more in my pocket, but as you can tell by my white chefs jacket, I am just taking my tools home from work tonight". :D
Sheriff, "How many in there?".
Me, "Eight or ten... I think I left my cleaver :D ".

Reminds me of when coming back to the states with my tools after six years of woodworking abroad. The customs clearance was in Bangor, Maine. As the inspections guy stuck his hand into my large duffel bag, I said to him, "Sir, I think I should caution you, in that bag are around a hundred very sharp instruments, a large assortment of woodworking knives". He stopped instantly at about wrist level, withdrew his hand and zipped the bag closed. "You're cleared", he said, and shot me a wink. :lol:

:lol: Pretty much the same kind of reaction from the Sheriff. He placed my knife bag on the front seat in my view and we got on our way.... He decided to leave well enough alone :lol:

I can't imagine living somewhere that outlawed guns! Hunting is a big thing here and a lot of people have their license to carry concealed so being around people with guns (on them or in vehicle) is very common.

I always have a sidearm when I'm in the woods. Well, it's a Super BlackHawk so it's more like a side-cannon!;)

Back