What Are You Drinking Tonight?

Kave, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of drink you are congering up?
Lolz, nothing with any class, that'd be against my nature!
Jarritos Tamarind flavored soda
Casamigos Tequila
Tajin, a chili-lime salt condiment thing...

See, the tequila is working, can't explain Tajin spice... But how would you explain an oreo to someone with no concept of such a thing...The stuff is pretty popular here in AZ, and with all our Mexicans, so is a lot of other stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Smirnoff vodka. Trying to get Mike a couple hip flasks for oil and fuel, but this one apparently broke the lid when it fell out of the freezer. I'll either have to find a lid out on the ground, or buy another flask. Vodka isn't my favorite. I'll drink a couple shots in the winter, and pretend I'm in the vodka belt. It's good for that.

I'm stuck on my three amigos at the moment. The wife says I don't smell like a brewery, so that's a plus.

I think that's what I'll call this Sonoran inspired drink, The Three Amigos. Fight me on it, but remember I'm drinking tequila.

All bets are off Kave at this point...
Lolz!

Hey bud, not to derail the thread, but how's that landslide area you posted pics of? I can only hope it's frozen stable at the moment, but those photos have kinda kept me up at night. Has anything been done to secure the slope?

Hey, thanks for asking friend. Not a lot you can reasonably do to stabilize that particular slope but we are analyzing some other smaller sections for cabling and webbing. We are installing more remote weather stations to gather better Intel on rainfall and soil saturation so we can hopefully better predict these events. It's really a crap shoot because of all the variables. For what it's worth I haven't been sleeping very soundly either. At least now everything is frozen with our high pressure cold front.

Hey, thanks for asking friend. Not a lot you can reasonably do to stabilize that particular slope but we are analyzing some other smaller sections for cabling and webbing. We are installing more remote weather stations to gather better Intel on rainfall and soil saturation so we can hopefully better predict these events. It's really a crap shoot because of all the variables. For what it's worth I haven't been sleeping very soundly either. At least now everything is frozen with our high pressure cold front.
I never sleep well, but that's beside the point. I can remember from a few credits in geology that landslides almost always slide again.

It's good to hear that something has been done, and will be done, and that my hope that it froze was correct.

Be safe friend, it's a wild world out there!

16486789939230-png.134869

Home on a snow day, listening to the classical station. Good time for brandy.

Boss gave me a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yr single barrel. I just looked it up today; $300/bottle D^:

I'm drinking the purified essence of success. I used an acid-base reaction inside of a separatory funnel to extract the impure success from the non-aqueous/organic layer. I then performed a drawn out fractional distillation to further purify the layer. I next solidified the essence by removing water from the organic layer using anhydrous magnesium sulfate (MgSO4). Next, I removed any additional purities by performing a recrystallization, dissolving the impure solid in a heated solvent until the solution reached saturation, followed by gradual cooling. As the solution cooled, pure success crystals formed while impurities were left behind. Finally, I poured 44mL of absinthe over 0.15g of highly purified essence of success and consumed it.

Roughly T+ 120 minutes later, I became a billionaire with a net worth of 53 billion dollars, countless stock options, and a propensity for tax evasion.

This is a true story. I'm rich now. I can't believe my experiment worked. If you're wondering where the raw success came from, it was harvested from the biofluids of 36 different, healthy, highly successful venture capitalists who funded my experiment.

(I know, I'm really strange...but filthy rich, too. Sorry if I just wasted 3 minutes of your life with nonsense!)

:lol:

I'm drinking the purified essence of success. I used an acid-base reaction inside of a separatory funnel to extract the impure success from the non-aqueous/organic layer. I then performed a drawn out fractional distillation to further purify the layer. I next solidified the essence by removing water from the organic layer using anhydrous magnesium sulfate (MgSO4). Next, I removed any additional purities by performing a recrystallization, dissolving the impure solid in a heated solvent until the solution reached saturation, followed by gradual cooling. As the solution cooled, pure success crystals formed while impurities were left behind. Finally, I poured 44mL of absinthe over 0.15g of highly purified essence of success and consumed it.

Roughly T+ 120 minutes later, I became a billionaire with a net worth of 53 billion dollars, countless stock options, and a propensity for tax evasion.

This is a true story. I'm rich now. I can't believe my experiment worked. If you're wondering where the raw success came from, it was harvested from the biofluids of 36 different, healthy, highly successful venture capitalists who funded my experiment.

(I know, I'm really strange...but filthy rich, too. Sorry if I just wasted 3 minutes of your life with nonsense!)

:lol:
Eh, you may be rich, but lawd im drunk.

IMG_9404.jpeg
Today, after dinner, I decided to have a dark beer. From the point of view of recreation, we Russians have quite original beer snacks - cheese and salted fish. For me personally, everything is completely original - Camembert cheese and Cambozola cheese, as well as some trout with weak salt. However, this set is just for me. All other Russians like a variety of beer snacks)

View attachment 135681
Today, after dinner, I decided to have a dark beer. From the point of view of recreation, we Russians have quite original beer snacks - cheese and salted fish. For me personally, everything is completely original - Camembert cheese and Cambozola cheese, as well as some trout with weak salt. However, this set is just for me. All other Russians like a variety of beer snacks)
The bottom cheese looks a hell of a lot like Brie, which is probably my favorite cheese on planet Earth. Is it as salty and delicious?

Also, has that light bulb been installed inside of the counter there? Or is that a reflection of the ceiling above, probably? What a mind f*ck. Or mayb that's a light you've moved to accent everything with? I can't tell.

It must be a light you brought close to the scene of your picture because I can detect clear plastic edges if I look closely. No way a reflection would be that pristine.

The bottom cheese looks a hell of a lot like Brie, which is probably my favorite cheese on planet Earth. Is it as salty and delicious?

Also, has that light bulb been installed inside of the counter there? Or is that a reflection of the ceiling above, probably? What a mind f*ck. Or mayb that's a light you've moved to accent everything with? I can't tell.
It's amazing that the wall lamp caused so many emotions) IMG_9405.jpeg

Wow! That's amazing! Sorry, I sometimes spend too much time observing. So which of those cheeses is the one at the bottom of your cheese plate? That's the one which looks like Brie. Does it taste like brie? What's it called? You mentioned two cheeses, but I don't know which it is.

It must be a light you brought close to the scene of your picture because Wow! That's amazing! Sorry, I sometimes spend too much time observing. So which of those cheeses is the one at the bottom of your cheese plate? That's the one which looks like Brie. Does it taste like brie? What's it called? You mentioned two cheeses, but I don't know which it is.
There are only two types of cheese - Camembert and Cambozola - Камамбер — Википедия - https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B1%D0%B5%D1%80, Камбоцола — Википедия - https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%86%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B0

You're not understanding my question. I'm referencing the cheese in the center of this white circle. It looks similar to brie. I'm asking you, as a fellow cheese connoisseur, whether or not that particular cheese tastes similar to brie AND I'm asking you which of the two cheeses you have mentioned are in this circle so that I can try it for myself. Cheese Dispute.jpg

Behold, a new-to-me-favorite flavor of white trash!
20240128_142241.jpg

Ps, the chicken wire outside the window is my "Catio" like a patio only for cats! This keeps the local owls from filling their belly with my beloved meow-meows. We lost 16 cats in the first year on this property, my whole breeding program, seven years of work and genetics, pissed away to the muther-phukin owls! I'll phukin kill em all! Took my Smokey Joe, my Snow Upon The Ruins, my Moondance, and my Moloch! Death to owls! Current vengeance count is 7, goes up every year. I'll never stop, it's a blood fued.

That's too bad. The planet has far too many domestic cats, and not near enough owls. My opinion, of course. YMMV.
To quote every Arizona logger since the late 50s "Save the trees, wipe your ass with an owl"

Also, drink update...
Peach margarita, at Licano's, another local Mexican favorite. 20240128_171306.jpg

I got really drunk on peach schnapps once as a kid, and to this day peach and alcohol is a bad combination. Peach isn't a flavor I really enjoy anyway. I like peaches, but not peach flavored stuff.

This morning I had coffee with Carolans Irish cream and salmiakki(thanks stig!). That's a fantastic combination. Something like sambuca, or ouzo would probably approximate it close enough, though I've never had sambuca to confirm.

Back