Wanted : falling belt/wedge pouch/suspenders rig

I dont order very much from Baileys any more unless it is a lot of chains or whatever. The loop runners they sell I like because they are a different color for each size.
Often, unless I have a larger order, the tax and shipping are a deal breaker. And they have a higher mark up.

What I don't like about Madsens is their trivial web presence. They're geared more for in person visits. I'd love to go there, but I don't see it happening, and when I want to buy something, I don't want to call someone up, ask if they have $item, then ask how much it costs. Assuming I want it, I'd then have to talk through payment and shipping details over the phone. No thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I don't like about Madsens is their trivial web presence. They're geared more for in person visits. I'd love to go there, but I don't see it happening, and when I want to buy something, I don't want to call someone up, ask if they have $item, then ask how much it costs. Assuming I want it, I'd then have to talk through payment and shipping details over the phone. No thanks.
When I’m in a hurry yeah…but it’s good to slow down and be personable. The people are great.

Dont forget to go to the Madsens web site and book mark the carb tuning and sharpening pages

I don't like using the phone, pretty much ever. My phone is first and foremost a portable computer, and telephony is the least used feature on it. If I have to talk to someone, I consider it a failure of process. I'm sure they're cool to talk to. That's what everyone says, but I'd rather do it in person. It also doesn't fit the way I buy tree stuff. Sometimes I'm not sure exactly what I want, or there's things I may want, but don't want to make a special order for. I keep it in the back of my head, and judge where, when and what I'm gonna buy on current conditions(sales, clearance, new products...).

I don't begrudge Madsens for the way they run their business. I think it's great. They don't have to get every dollar out there. They do what they do, the way they want to do it, and they have a good business with a fiercely loyal clientele. Hard to ask for more out of life. I have a good sawshop nearish to me. It's no Madsens, but the proprietor's cool, prices are great, it's a pleasant drive, and it gives me my fix for dealing with stuff in person.

They detest managing a Web presentation...old school John just like you. 🙄🙄

Back