Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

The way which the rope was tied to the truck (front of the bed) means it was only intended to tear off the bed, not to pull down the tree or a limb. There was an other viral vid with the same result for a hard-top on a pickup. It was obviously showed as a fail, but actually it was perfectly successful, though a bit too rough for my liking.

Heh... I do something like that, but it's less slam, and more multiple taps. I also don't use the maxi blade much. The mulching blade works better for what I do. A couple minutes with a file would probably help him out, or even better, a 2511 clipped to the harness for bigger trees. Add a small backpack for fuel, oil, food, water, and you have a whole day of human portable destruction ahead of you.

Heh... I do something like that, but it's less slam, and more multiple taps. I also don't use the maxi blade much. The mulching blade works better for what I do. A couple minutes with a file would probably help him out, or even better, a 2511 clipped to the harness for bigger trees. Add a small backpack for fuel, oil, food, water, and you have a whole day of human portable destruction ahead of you.
I buy the cheap Forester carbide blades for my swing saw. Tho I’ve been eyeing up this mini sized forestry mower. That only needs 14 gpm to operate and eats 8” wood.

The comments are on point, even tho the translation can be odd and funny, you get the point.

I would add my own.

"Barber chair extraordinaire"

my goodness, would like to know his reasoning for that, but I dont think I would agree with it.

I primarily bore cut eucs, its my preferred way, even if there not leaning.

You know when you see ladders being used that something immensely stupid is about to happen.

Ah yes. The highly regarded and wildly popular "synchronized double barber chair" maneuver; ideal for tree guys who are allergic to face cuts and directional notches to go with their back cuts. A timeless classic within arboriculture and expertly executed.

Do they get any points from the judges for unintentional synchronization or for getting that aluminum ladder out of the drop zone just in time?

Negative point : He set a couple of very high cuts, probably to make the trees fit in the landscape ( fence or whatever). It's a fail because the tree on the left ( on the front from the lay's point of view) barberchaired its stump instead of its trunk, so, the fallen tree wrecked the same area as it would have done with a low stump, and therefore, what he tempted to preserve is very likely smashed.

Back