Wagnaw moves to Illinois

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 6K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There'll be ten CDs when the Risk Management CD is done. Then they're done I think. ...and yeah, crane pics, or anything climbing right now really. Cya'll lata.

OK, Waggie, here's the best offer you're likely to get...they need some good pics of real, proper felling maybe?...cover my travel costs, per diem and wages and I'll fly out and do the deed for your photographer.

Let's see...that's only $275/day wages, about $50/day per diem, say $100/day lodging and $1000 round trip airfare...for a week's work that'll run you only $3125. Deal?
:D

No? Why am I not surprised? :whine:

We PacNorthwestern fallers always have had an inflated vision of our specialness, I suppose :lol:.

I forgot to mention something about the last picture I posted... That was a pic from a Davey Tree climbing skills demonstration in the late 90's. Apparently, they can be a little behind the times.

On a newer note though. There were a few tornadoes just outside of town today. That was pretty exciting. I also took some more pics.

The First few are of the outside of the ISA's building.
The tree... I think it's an old American Elm, but I've never seen a mature one, so I don't really know. Hope all is well with ya'll.

Attachments

• First Week (11).JPG
    First Week (11).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 4
  • First Week (13).JPG
    First Week (13).JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 2
  • First Week (12).JPG
    First Week (12).JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 3
  • First Week (17).JPG
    First Week (17).JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 4
  • First Week (16).JPG
    First Week (16).JPG
    98 KB · Views: 5
  • First Week (15).JPG
    First Week (15).JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 4
Haven't been checking in much, Andrew what part of Illinois are ya in? I moved just West of St. Louis in March. I live on the north border of the city of St. Charles MO. on highway 94.

That really is a Pic from Davey's Archives!!

Alright, so I don't have any pictures, but I hung out a little with Micheal Poor today. You all may have seen him over on the Treebuzz sometimes. Well, Mandi and I went over to his place for a bit to hangout and meet, etc... The guy has a 7' halfpipe in his backyard :|:, and he can skate ramp like you would not believe. We skated for a while. It was the first time I spent more than 10 minutes on a board in a while. Made me realize how bad I miss it. ...Anyway, I was stoked to find a tree guy that was still keepin it real like that on a board. It was really cool. I thought it was hilarious too cause he also parks his mini under the ramp! :lol:

Yeah, I think he is stuck at the buzz...Wagnaw, encourage him to hang here a bit, we dont' bite....usually

Yeah, I dunno about converting him. He seems like he's not real into the whole arb forum thing. He just kinda dabbles in it to stay up to speed that sort of thing. Either that or he gets bored when writing bids. :lol:

Today I wrote an article about tie in technique during removal of a leaning spar. The problem is, I need a leaning tree to remove, so I can get some pictures. Except, this desk job doesn't exactly have me swimming in removals...

Sounds like you gotta cozy up with some local talent that will let you come out on their jobs with a camera. ;)
Time to get to work and find solutions! :D

i bid a nasty leaner today. old logger i chatted with awhile, doubt i get it but you never know

I spliced some Zing it last night. That was a first. :D

Attachments

• WagnerAndrew_Throwline Splice (1).JPG
    WagnerAndrew_Throwline Splice (1).JPG
    95 KB · Views: 6
In the process of getting paid to splice for the first time. Mike Poor asked me if I'd splice the other end of his Blaze, and I said ok. He's paying me, but I told him I'd give him a price when I was done. Pain in the ass splice too cause the rope is WELL worn. I still have about a half inch of core exposed that I'm trying to get sucked in. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• Mike Poor's Blaze (7).JPG
    Mike Poor's Blaze (7).JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Mike Poor's Blaze (5).JPG
    Mike Poor's Blaze (5).JPG
    114 KB · Views: 4
  • Mike Poor's Blaze (9).JPG
    Mike Poor's Blaze (9).JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 4
Back